March Fourth for GM's Day!!

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Weee!

I love this idea! (I guess I'm showing my bias as a DM? :p)

Btw: not meaning to cast a little rain, but we know GM stands for Game Master--those less knowledgable about our hobby could very likely associate GM with General Motors, and GM's logo is everywhere... We don't want confusion... (Or am I being silly? :eek: )

Okay, in support of this wonderful idea I'll try to post a poll about it...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Weee!

Winterthorn said:
Btw: not meaning to cast a little rain, but we know GM stands for Game Master--those less knowledgable about our hobby could very likely associate GM with General Motors, and GM's logo is everywhere... We don't want confusion... (Or am I being silly? :eek: )

Okay, in support of this wonderful idea I'll try to post a poll about it...

No need to worry. We'll educate where need be and debunk those who try and tell us differently...

Poll? To what end? :)

Last edited:

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Poll? To what end?

Encouragement. It is quick and easy to vote--not everyone wants to post a comment. A poll offers a great scan of community opinion too...

(I'm just tryin' ta help da cause :D)

W.

PS: here's the poll if you like... :)

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Admit it, you are just looking for an excuse to make a poll aren't you ;)

I think the idea is already a fait accompli. Now all that is left is hammering out the details and spreading the word.

Mark

Wicht said:

I think the idea is already a fait accompli. Now all that is left is hammering out the details and spreading the word.

I'm guessing that at this point a poll would get closed, but they are fun to make. :)

I think the details are all there, now. It's a holiday and we know why. Now comes the spreading of the word... ;)

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Mark said:
I think the details are all there, now.

I don't know about all the details :D

I would like to hear more ideas on ways to celebrate this coming March Fourth. Are we really going to have official holiday colors and a mascot or is that a personal preference thing. Or are we just going to let the traditions make themselves over the years? How commercialized can we make this and is there anyway for those of us on the ground floor to make a little something out of this ;)

Mark

Wicht said:
...are we just going to let the traditions make themselves over the years?

This is the best case scenario from my perspective... :)

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Mark said:

There are arguments that can be made on every side of a nebulous issue but it makes no difference in the long run. It's not about governments or how any one person decides they wish to celebrate the occasion. It isn't about someone being right or wrong. It's not about Eric, either. ;) The original propsal has it as "GM's Day" and let's not bog this down in committee, please. Trust me on this. It is what it is because it is...

You just like your slogon the way it is.:p

But, whatever, let's go with GM's Day to avoid an arguement. We don't want to mare such a historic occation.

At least when my players (or anyone else for that matter) mentions the discrepancy, I can say I fought to make the Grammar right but it was no avail. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Yea... Well, to be honest, I read this thread and saw only a small population of ppl posting several times in less than 2 days... I'd like to see more voices. A movement needs the power of many...

But making the poll was also a bit of fun too :D

Ah, well...

W.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases