[Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

Luinnar

First Post
Suddenly the cloak the party is carrying around starts to spark with magical energy. It catches on fire and starts to shirnk as magical space/time starts to collapse within itself. When it is gone only a small portal is left. It begins to grow wider and wider and before the party can react it sucks them into it. After what feels like ages of endlesslly falling through the arcane mists, the group lands with a thud just outside the Hanged Man.

OOC: I did some research in the compendium to figure out the levels of the enemies in that fight.

Dragonborn - Level 8 artillery
Human - Level 10 Controller
Dwarf - Level 8 Soldier
Elf - Level 6 Artillery
Drow - Level 8 Lurker
Scrubs (5) - Level 6 Minion

So that would be:
250 + 350 * 3 + 500 + 62 * 5 = 2110
2110 * 2 = 4220
4220/6 = 703 xp each.

GM: Thanks for waiting:

Time xp/gold
Malakai at level 4: 1788 xp, 2158 gold
Lilli/Artemis at level 5: 2047 xp, 2873 gold
Lerrick at level 6:2565 xp, 3860 gold
Nathantiel/Dina at level 7:3083 xp, 5513

First encounter: 703 xp each.

Bonus xp & gold: 1,000 xp/gold.

Everyone who has not gotten a treasure (unless you bought it with your own money) may choose one magic item level+2 or below. So that is everyone besides Malakai and Artemis? Please tell me what you choose.

Totals:
Malakai at level 4: 1788+703+1,000=3491 xp, 2158+1,000=3,158 gold.
Lilli at level 5: 2047+703+1,000 = 3750 xp, 2873+1,000 =3,873 gold, 1 magic item level+ 2 or below?
Artemis at level 5: 2047+703+1,000 = 3750 xp, 2873+1,000 =3,873 gold.
Lerrick at level 6:2565+703+1,000 =4268 xp, 3860+1,000 = 4,860 gold, 1 magic item level +2 or below?
Nathantiel & Dina at level 7:3083+703+1,000 = 4,786 xp, 5513+1,000 = 6,513 gold, 1 magic item level+ 2 or below?

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli lay on her back for moment, checking to see if she'd broken anything.

"Ow...I think I've landed on something painful," she said, as she pulls out from underneath her rear a black jade amulet carved into a shape of a raven on a silvery necklace. "Oh, what a pretty thing this is! I could use the design for something I've a mind to craft myself. Might be a holy symbol of...er, she who must not be named. I'll make mine less angry looking."

She gets up and looks around her, wondering who it might belong to, but as she does she also notices a pair of shimmering fingerless gloves on the floor too; something about them seems familiar in more ways than one.

"Lotte? Did...did you make these? The finest spider silk and just my size. Oh, how wonderful!"

OOC: Wonderful, thank-you Luinnar. Lilli would like a pair of Illusionist's Gloves (she'll make an Amulet of Elegy +2 herself).

She'll be on 10,267 XP, just sneaking into Level 7. :)

(Malakai may well have paid money for his item.)

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
As Dina reappeared on the all too solid ground, underneath her was no treasure, just unyielding stone. But what she had was a gift knowledge. Twice now she'd experienced the danger of extra-dimensional spaces. Perhaps something was not right with the fabric of the tapestry that was all of space.

"You have much work left to do... and much knowledge still to gain. But your quest for knowledge should not end in frustration. Open your mind and let me fill it.

At once, Dina recognized the deific voice that filled her head with vast knowledge in but an instant. She opened her mind and Mireva opened her eyes.

OOC: Gaining (Ioun's) Mireva's Revelation Level 8 divine boon.

OOC: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]: Malakai did, in fact, pay for the upgrade for his +2 Challenge Seeking Incendiary dagger. r1 just provided the RP means for him to have magically obtained this in the middle of the adventure. Start of adventure, Malakai had 5,668 XP. With the 3,491 XP earned here, that bumps him up to 9,159 XP, and level 6. There aren't any items on his list level 4 or under, so if you don't mind, I'd like to have Malakai earn the gold value of a level 4 item instead (840 gp). Please let me know if this is acceptable, or if he absolutely must pick an actual item lvl 4 or lower.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: @Luinnar : Malakai did, in fact, pay for the upgrade for his +2 Challenge Seeking Incendiary dagger. r1 just provided the RP means for him to have magically obtained this in the middle of the adventure. Start of adventure, Malakai had 5,668 XP. With the 3,491 XP earned here, that bumps him up to 9,159 XP, and level 6. There aren't any items on his list level 4 or under, so if you don't mind, I'd like to have Malakai earn the gold value of a level 4 item instead (840 gp). Please let me know if this is acceptable, or if he absolutely must pick an actual item lvl 4 or lower.

OOC: If you can pick, it is Level +2. Those toys on your wishlist would be OK at level 6, if Luinnar allows it.

OOC: Ohhhh, whoops... I miss-read it as level -2 instead of level +2. That makes a BIG difference! In THAT case, I'd like to take the following item:

[h=1]Burning Gauntlets Level 6+ Uncommon[/h]Made of iron and constantly trailing wisps of smoke, these plated gloves incite your inner pyromaniac.

Lvl 6
1,800 gp

Hands Slot
[h=2]Power (Fire)
x.gif
Daily (Free Action)
[/h]Use this power when you make an attack with the fire keyword. The first target hit by that attack, if any, also takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). Also, you deal an extra 1 fire damage on successful attacks with the fire keyword until the end of the encounter.
If you've reached at least one milestone today before using this power, instead deal an extra 2 fire damage on successful attacks with the fire keyword until the end of the encounter.

Remove ads