[Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking

"I'm not very familiar with this region, so Eldreth, if you will lead the way, I will take the rearguard. Besides, I think I will have an easier time seeing over your head than the other way around."

Eldreth grins at what she took to be a short joke. This was certainly starting to be everything she imagined a life of adventure to be. A group of friends (well...maybe someday they will all be friends) traveling into dangerous territory, protecting those who can't protect themselves...

"I be new t'this place as well, but yer reas'nin's sound. Asides...it'll make't easier t'get th'first swing in when we get t'them green 'eads!"

Eldreth moves to the front of the group and straps her shield to her arm. Drawing her hammer, she rests it on her right shoulder casually, shield arm swinging happily at her side. Sure she needed to find her Papa...but she had a deal with Orisk, and getting all frumpy and emotional over the wait time wouldn't make things go any faster...besides, she was finally getting to do what she always wanted to do. As far as the rest of the group was aware, she was a soldier. She chuckled to herself at the face the Elder would make if he were to see Skylar and her together... "There's t'be no female soldiers in me town. A woman can't d'fend a town like a man." she thought in mock tone as the Elder, to which she silently (and sarcastically) replied, "Indeed..."

Grimmjow

First Post
The group heads out for the tower. Orisk gives them a map on to the tower and the contract to hold on too.

They are still about an hour away when the group decides to stop for food underneath a tree. The sky is blue and the sun in shining down on our heroes.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Everlin walks up to the trunk of the tree and examines it and it's leaves, trying to determine what kind of tree it is, then looks briefly around at the rest of the area before settling down for lunch.

treex

First Post
As the group chows down on their individual meals, sitting back and letting loose and whatnot, Kruor stays upright and rigid. Indeed, curiosity was a common occurrence and Kruor always wandered why his less undead companions needed sustenance so often.

And not only do they eat when they grow hungry, but when making merry or celebrating as well. Many a time had Kruor seen adventurers bringing back the spoils of their journeys only to start wasting them on booze and...and women.

"Mmm...women. Yummy." he thought. "Uh-oh...now Kruor hungry." If Kruor had pupils, they'd be shifting left and right to study his companion's expression, if any had realized his sudden change in facial expression. And then Kruor remembered he had no facial expressions. That calmed him down abit...except that now he couldn't help but feel hungry now that he wasn't worried.

His eyes, previously his usual baby-blue (ignorance is bliss afterall) were now glowing crimson. Flickering from bright to dim and back again, Kruor tried to pull his hood further over his eyes. And in vain, his eyes still burned red under his hood.

"Hey, um...guys. Are done any time soon? No? Okay...Kruor wait." he mumbled, trying to settle down. The music of his companions' hearts filled the air, a steady beat that increased in volume. Kruor decided to focus on having a little competition between these beating hearts to see whose beat faster...

Ba-bump...ba-bump...ba-bump...
Thump...thump...thump​
Bada-bump...bada-bump​

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kruor is not the only one who remains standing when the group stops to rest. Arshaka comes to a stop near the metal man and becomes as unmoving as a statue. Feet planted shoulder width apart and his small hand holding his staff while his larger hand goes over his smaller hand and the staff together. His crimson colored crystals shine in the sunlight like fresh blood on rocks.

"It is good that we have stopped.", the shardmind speaks casually to the warforged in his gravelly voice. "It seems someone in the group is very hungry." Arshaka taps one finger to the side of his head with the 'tink', 'tink', 'tink' of crystal tapping crystal.

In mid-bite, Eldreth looks up from her all-consuming munching of her sandwich, crumbs dribbling down her chin, where she promptly brushed them off of her armor (clean armor was reliable armor, after all!), and she paused, looking at the two statues of metal and crystal.

Cocking her head to the side in curiosity, Eldreth stood up and walked over to the pair.

"Now, be feelin' free t'c'rect me, 'cause I'mma 'bout as simple as'ey come... but don' everthin' what be livin' be needin' some kinda sust'nence? Whadda you two be usin' t'fuel yer bodies? Issit all magic er somthin'?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
With a gentle creak, the shards of Arshaka's head tilt ever so slightly to one side as he regards the dwarven...female... at least he is fairly sure it is a female. With his telepathy he answers her, including Kruor in the broadcast since she included him in the question. 'I am mind, stored within these fragments of crystal left over from long ago in space and time. I eat knowledge and drink experience in the hope of transcending my limits and serving a higher purpose in the universe.'

Grimmjow

First Post
[sblock=Pheonix]You catch a small creature fly off of the owlbear and into Eldreth's backpack as she gets up to come talk to you. You can read his thought's. He is going to steal from your companion![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases