Name ONE favourite thing about your favourite edition

tuxgeo

Adventurer
4E - "Character creation," with the following bullet points:
• UREAD power structure: Utility/Ritual/Encounter/At-Will/Daily. Separating Utility and Ritual powers into their own buckets made them independent from combat, so PCs didn't have to give up combat power to gain other things.
• Multi-classing at 1st Level: two different ways to do that, through feats and Hybrid classing. If you want your character to be a mish-mash, he or she can be that always, right from the start, without having to wait until 2nd Level to get there.
• Humans get an extra feat, trained skill, and at-will power from their race. That never gets old, and made Human my go-to race in 4E. (It's not "all about" the ability boosts. It's just not.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd also like to laud 2Ed for its design decision to make priests different- VERY different- depending on their faith. There was almost as much variation in 2Ed's priests of specific mithoi as there is in any 3.5Ed class.

gweinel

Explorer
2e for the rich and beautiful settings. While i am playing with the 3rd or 4th edition rules now, the fluff of the settings still consists a source of inspiration in my games.

Lindeloef

First Post
But what edition was this?
probably 4e essentials.

on topic:
Combatsystem (D&D 4e)

Combat rules is all I need from an RPG (and maybe some sort of Skillsytem and/or Attributes), for Roleplaying I don't need them.

I really love the tactical combat system in 4e, where every player can be equally useful (if they and the dice gods want to).

Easy:

jeff-dee-halfling.jpg

Attachments

• jeff-dee-halfling.jpg
    jeff-dee-halfling.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 532

Remove ads