Pathfinder 1E [langtitle=nt]Pathfinder[/langtitle] Mythic Adventures Playtest (Epic "Levels")

Kaodi

Hero
I may be blind (a fair possibility), but I do not see any threads on [notranslate]Pathfinder[/notranslate]'s new Mythic Adventures playtest, despite it being mentioned on [notranslate]EN World[/notranslate]'s front page the other day. This is something like their epic level rules, but you are not restricted to getting them after level 20. They are in fact a separate system which can be tapped into at any level the DM wishes.

I think the way they have approached it is interesting, though some of the mechanics, such as most mythic feats, seem like a bit of an odd way to handle things.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8voq?...]-Roleplaying-Game-Mythic-Adventures-Playtest

Wycen

Explorer
I've downloaded it and scanned the basics. I do like that it is a bolt on system. Calling it epic is something of a misnomer because you could, unless I missed something, be a 1st level character who's earned a mythic level.

One drawback to being mythic is gaining a flaw. For example the Achilles heel, that's a mythic flaw, which is a vulnerability. Not sure I like the idea of vulnerabilities, but it is a trade off I suppose.

I am curious how the playtest will determine how balanced things are or aren't.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases