Assassination 2: The Lost Children

FourMonos

First Post
Malehan moves forward, focusing on the nearest ogre and laying another heavy blow to the wall of flesh.

[sblock=Malehan actions]

Movement: Move to C-19

Minor: Oath of Enmity vs. Ogre 2

Standard: Bond of Pursuit vs. Ogre 2: Hit for 17 damage. Roll.
[/sblock]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
OR Malehan hp are down between 0 and -14
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 10
Initiative +10
Passive Insight 20; Passive Perception 32
HP 64/80; THP 5; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 28*; Fortitude 19*; Reflex 23*; Will 23*
* +1 to all defences while bloodied
* +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex when you shift until the end of your next turn.
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +16 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +12, Perception +22, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Thievery +16
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[ ]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[ ]Takedown Strike
[ ]Centered Flurry of Blow
[ ]Angelic Alacrity
[ ]Sequestering Strike
[ ]No Respite
[ ]Refocus Enmity
[ ]Davros Elden's Defensive Step

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Blade of Repulsion
[ ]Soul Seeker
[ ]River of Life

[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[ ]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[ ]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Don't forget that Malehan has Divine Guidance

FourMonos

First Post
The middle ogre, pounded by Czern, blasted by Venakhad and buffeted by Alexia's shout, falls over dead.

GM: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] Ogre 1 died. That is one aura point correct? Aura is at 3? I didn't have a chance to check how many free or no action abilities it takes to collect the bloodied aura and then recurse it.

OOC:
Normally, I'd get one at bloodying (or two if bloodcurse rod was used - that is, I'm the one who bloodied it) and again at death (except in this case he died before being cursed)

Current aura level is 2, it was my error, forgetting that I already claimed bloodying, cursing is minor, aura is automatic on trigger (bloodied or dead) - aura use is immediate interrupt

I got one on killing ogre 3, on bloodying ogre 1, nothing on ogre 1 dying.

FourMonos

First Post
The heroes pound on the ogres again Czern's hammer and Alexia's bardic magic felling another large brute.

The ogre barely hits the ground when the minotaurs move up. One charges aggressively at Chael, landing a blow through her defenses. The other two move behind the charger. A red bolt of energy flies from the glaive wielding minotaur and hits Czern in the head. His eyes swirl in red as he ignores the ogre next to him and charges Venakhad, hitting the kalashtar with his hammer.

The last minotaur chants in his native tongue and an explosion lands behind the heroes. Venakhad and Bellagon's eyes are misted over in red anger, striking out at their enemy, only to find when their eyes cleared that they accidentally attacked their allies.

The Warden moves up out of the palisade. Behind him, you see trees moving and swaying, as if something was moving amongst them.... somthing big enough to make them sway mightily.

[sblock= Heroe's Round Summary]
Bellegon: Hits and kills Ogre 3 (27 damage).

Czern: Hits Ogre 1 for a total of 42 damage.

Rohna: Missed Ogre 2.

Alexia: Hits Ogre 1 for 5 damage. Then hits Ogre 1 for 18 damage and Ogre 2 for 11 damage. (Kills Ogre 1).

Venakhad: Hits Ogres 1 and 2 for 9 damage, Alexia gains +2 to hit, Ven gains +1 defenses TENT.

Chael: Hits and kills the three gnoll minions. Spoilsport.

Malehan: Hit Ogre 2 for 17 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Fading daylight.

Light brown squares are field.
Light green squares are light shrub.
Dark green squares and thicker shrubs and small trees, difficult terrain.

Brown squares are palisade walls.

Map.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Czern Belog (C-17): 77/85; HS 15/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (F-21): 64/76; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

Dusk: (E-21): 5 THP 30/38 AC 23 F 25 R 21 W 25 Bonus: partial cover, +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael. Prone

Malehan (C-19): 5 THP 64/80; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (C-18): 5 THP 70/70; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Bellagon (B-18): 42/65; HS 7/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (D-16): 33/69; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

Rohna
(C20-D21): 5 THP 67/88; HS 13/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status;

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Minotaur 1 (falchion): Start of turn: Aura: 5 THP. Aura: +2 to hit and damage w/ charge attacks Movement: Move to K-21. Standard: Charge with falchion vs. Chael: 35 vs. AC, hits for 17 damage (roll). I forgot the aura effect from its ally when I typed the roll in.

Minotaur 2 (glaive): Start of turn: Aura 5 THP. Movement to L-19. Standard: Baphomet's Rage vs. Czern: 25 vs. will (roll). He takes 8 damage and charges Venakhad: 30 vs. AC for 21 damage (roll). And I'm pretty sure Ven is slowed TENT.

Minotaur 3 (no weapon): Movement: Move to K-21. Standard: Spirit of Nature's Rage at B 19 (area burst 2, enemies only). Attacks Bellagon, Czern, Venakhad, Alexia, Rohna: Hits only Bellagon and Vehakhad (roll). They take 15 damage. They are slid two squares (Ven B18 to D16, Bellegon A20 to B18) Venakhad attacks Czern: 24 misses. Bellegon attacks Alexia: 19 misses.

Ogre 2: Movement: Shift to E-F, 18-9. Standard: Brutal Sweep vs. Chael, Dusk: 24, 31 (roll). Hit Dusk for 13 damage and Dusk is knocked prone

Ogre 4: Movement: Move to D-E, 14-15. Standard: Brutal Sweep vs. Venakhad, Czern: 20 and 23 miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Ogres: 24 AC 22 F 19 R 19 W
1: (C-D, 16-17) Damage taken: 106
2: (E-F, 18-19) Damage taken: 55, bloodied, marked (Chael)
3: (C-D, 21-22) Damage taken: 107
4. (D-E, 14-15) Damage taken: 13

Minotaur 1 w/ falchion
(G-21) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage: 0

Minotaur 2
(L-19) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage: 0

Minotaur 3
(K-21) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage: 0, Used Spirit of Nature's Wrath

Gnoll Soldiers ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
1. (P-14)
2. (O-17)
3. (P-20)

Warden: ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
(U-16) Damage taken:

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], does dominated ally counts as enemy for purposes of triggers like "if enemy moves/attack you can do something"?

Also, FourMonos, please consider Venakhad's Bastion of Mental Clarity on area attacks against Will - I couldn't save Czern because Ven wasn't included in the attack (and because of his abysmal stat), but I would interrupt Spirit of nature's wrath if it is against will...please consider it if/when other minotaur(s) (or other enemies) use their attacks ...

I will wait with my post to see what others do and heal at the end :)

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], does dominated ally counts as enemy for purposes of triggers like "if enemy moves/attack you can do something"?

Also, FourMonos, please consider Venakhad's Bastion of Mental Clarity on area attacks against Will - I couldn't save Czern because Ven wasn't included in the attack (and because of his abysmal stat), but I would interrupt Spirit of nature's wrath if it is against will...please consider it if/when other minotaur(s) (or other enemies) use their attacks ...

I will wait with my post to see what others do and heal at the end :)

OOC: Rules Compendium page 231. Allies remain allies. Enemies remain enemies.

This means that if the dominated creature is forced to use a power that only targets enemies (as opposed to any creature), then it will not affect its allies.

Course, this would be rare since only at will powers can be used and the vast majority of those do not just target enemies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: But it does shoot down any hope of shifting out of such charge and similar tactics, unless worded "when you're attacked" and not "when enemy does something". Too bad. Thanks, KarinsDad

Remove ads