The Teratologue is here!

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Maybe with the rebuild this will come back?

I've seen the download show up in RPGNow. Will other sites that sell .pdfs get this? Is there a link yet to purchase the dead-tree version for those who weren't Kickstarter supporters?

FWIW, while working on the edits for you guys I tried keeping a running document of simply a terse summary of the changes to each creature. Ended up 25 pages long! So to those who say it's just a redo of the free SRD, pshaw!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
So to those who say it's just a redo of the free SRD, pshaw!

Wow, who's saying that?

Chris did a TON of work rebuilding all of the statblocks, especially standardizing all of the abilities to a consistent format.

The dead-tree version is available at Amazon-- but I consider this a "nice to have" and not nearly the "must have" of the PDF.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Wow, who's saying that?
Some of the gamers I game with when I'm a player (not the group I DM for). They open it up and see "the same monsters" "just cleaned up".

SMH.

It does open up an opportunity to have a dialog on what changed and why. Most still really appreciate that the blocks are cleaned up immensely.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I just wanted to mention that I got my print copy in the mail. Yay!

Of course, now I need to pick up a print copy of the main Trailblazer book too. Is it available at Lulu? I don't see a POD option on DTRPG/RPGNow.

GlassJaw

Hero
Some of the gamers I game with when I'm a player (not the group I DM for). They open it up and see "the same monsters" "just cleaned up".

I can't say that I'm surprised. Trailblazer and the Teratologue (and Grim Tales to some extent) are like source code or math textbook. You aren't going to get much out of them with just a cursory glance. However, they will certainly reward the reader that pays close attention to detail and understands the inner workings of the system.

That said, the new special attack format should be immediately noticeable and useful.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Well, if you want the PDF, you can order it at RPGNow, while the print book is for sale at Amazon.

Thanks, Alzrius!

Also of note, last week I had an international customer inform me that the original Trailblazer was not for sale through Amazon's local print-on-demand service. (And yet, the Teratologue was available...)

This was certainly not by design.

My deduction was simply that the local print-on-demand service was not available to me when Trailblazer launched, so the fix was as simple as going to my publisher dashboard and checking a box.

It should be available soon, if it's not already. There's something Trailblazery-lookin' available at amazon.de but I confess my German isn't what it used to be. (As in, unused since about 8th grade.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases