Future Stuff?

Hey UK, what are you planning to do after the next part of Vampire Bestiary (Temple of Death)? Will it be part 3 or that adventure path you mentioned a long time ago?

FieryDragonLord said:

Hi FieryDragonLord! :)

what are you planning to do after the next part of Vampire Bestiary (Temple of Death)? Will it be part 3 or that adventure path you mentioned a long time ago?

Well firstly apologies for not having part two done ages ago - I have just dragged my useless backside around more than usual EVEN FOR ME these past two months. Touch disillusioned by the sales and how best to proceed in general. :(

The likeliest scenario is Part 2 then Part 3. The art for these is already bought and paid for.

I'd love to do (a bunch of) Epic Adventures for 4E*, but I am just not sure if thats economically viable.

*I actually want to do ELEVEN - one for each Levels 20-30

I'm probably just breaking even with regards the Vampire Bestiary. Although I suspect with a later Print version I may end up making a tiny profit. Plus all the costs are long behind me so any actual money coming in now feels like a profit (since some of the art was bought and paid for as far back as 3 years ago).

With hindsight I should have just started with 4E epic. But I don't know at this point whether 4E epic material would sell better than the Vampire Bestiary?

I may just do a poll and see what people want in the future, then with sufficient response maybe do a Kickstarter (which seems all the rage - albeit seems daunting given my Achilles heel) or have maybe a set number of (unpaid) 'word of mouth' pre-orders so at least I know I'll end up with 'x' amount of sales.

Hey Khisanth mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
So you're currently planning to continue to produce 4E material even after D&D Next comes out?

I don't know what I'll be doing after the last two parts of the Vampire Bestiary. Taking stock of what to do most likely before proceeding with anything.

Also what IS the status on Temple of Death & Castle Dracula?

Temple of Death could and should be finished within a few weeks (3-4). Castle Dracula within a few months (3-4).

If I stop worrying about the map side of the adventure(s) things might go a lot quicker - I know that those aren't the selling point anyway.

If I stop worrying about the map side of the adventure(s) things might go a lot quicker - I know that those aren't the selling point anyway.

Yes. Vampire Bestiary part 1 is fine without it IMO... I'd suggest you get 2 & 3 on sale as pdfs first, then update the maps later (we can just re-download from rpgnow) and have them in the combined book.

Hiya mate! :)

Yes. Vampire Bestiary part 1 is fine without it IMO... I'd suggest you get 2 & 3 on sale as pdfs first, then update the maps later (we can just re-download from rpgnow) and have them in the combined book.

That seems to be the best plan.

Hiya Khisanth mate! :)

So (if it will be sold first with no maps) what does the timeframe look like then?

End of March (assuming I can get my act together - which is always a constant worry).

Remove ads