good site for posting house rules [re. house rules subforum]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nope. This is the only site. There are no other websites. Do you not want to post them here? It's very cosy, and everyone is good looking, charming, and witty.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
What is a good site for posting house rules for d20 that gets a lot of traffic?
I'd suggest Giant in the Playground (d20 or 4e forum, depending). Unfortunately, this sub-forum of EN World doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic (which is too bad, because I love house rules).

Dethklok

First Post
So why don't you post here more, Jameson? This is my favorite sub forum. It would get traffic from you if you posted in it.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
So why don't you post here more, Jameson? This is my favorite sub forum. It would get traffic from you if you posted in it.
I post occasionally, but two things prevent that. One, when people don't quote me (and I don't know they've responded to me). But, more often, it's that, you know, most people don't look at the threads, judging from the view counter, and not many people post (as is obvious from the number of pages per thread here).

I used to love going over the old 3.0 house rules subforum from when I was still a lurker and not even registered, but it got folded into the 3.X forum, basically meaning it disappeared (which happened for sure when all of D&D got lumped together).

Also -and please, take no personal offense at this- I'm not interesting in engaging with most of the posters that do post in this subforum, for various reasons. A lot of the topics don't interest me, a lot of the posters don't inspire a response, etc.

Dethklok

First Post
Also -and please, take no personal offense at this- I'm not interesting in engaging with most of the posters that do post in this subforum, for various reasons. A lot of the topics don't interest me, a lot of the posters don't inspire a response, etc.
None taken. Really thinking about it, I feel similarly about the tabletop roleplaying forum. (And honestly I'm not much interested in 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons.)

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
This is the old house rules forum. It got split back out again.
Right. Just not a lot of traffic :(

Are all the old posts in the old house rules forum here? EDIT: It looks like it :)
None taken. Really thinking about it, I feel similarly about the tabletop roleplaying forum. (And honestly I'm not much interested in 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons.)
Yeah, and I think a lot of people feel that way about 5e, or the news page, or etc. etc. (I haven't played 3.5 regularly in several years, so I'm not much interested in it anymore either, but I did like mining it for ideas while making my RPG.)

It's just a personal preference thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases