Interest check - Blood & Lightning (intro adventure) [GM needed]

drothgery

First Post
I've got the escalation edition, but I never did get a chance do any playtesting with it even though I think it's really interesting. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? Or pre-ordered the print book (I think there's a program out there that will let you get the PDF now if you pre-order).

I'm thinking about running a game (even though a lot of my games here have crashed and burned). Let me know if you're interested, and a rough outline of what you'd want to play (race/class/strong positive icons/strong negative icons and a paragraph or so of background).

As this would be my first game with 13th Age, I'm inclined to stick in the stock setting and not tinker with mechanics even if I think flexible attacks are little wonky, am not sure about backgrounds vs a dedicated skill system, and have defaulted to Eberron for D&D-ish games since the setting came out.

Edit: I've become involved in a few PBPs elsewhere, so I can't run a game anymore, I think. Would play if someone else wanted to pick up the GM hat.

Last edited:

NinjaPaladin

First Post
I've been looking for PBP or PbEM 13th Age games. I'd love to give it a shot. (I just got the PDF for the final version after ordering the book.)

Character Concept: Half-Elven Ranger with both the Fey Queen's Blessing and Ranger Ex Cathedra Talents, so almost close to an AD&D Ranger in terms of doing a bit from multiple branches of magic.

One Unique Thing: Was a basic normal guy in a no-name village whose last memory was having a nice night at the local tavern. When he woke up, the village was a hellhole, and every living creature in the village except him was dead (or at least GONE, in a village that was now a hellhole). He has no idea what happened or why he was spared, but he has sworn revenge on the Diabolist, and has lived in the shadows ever since, honing his skills and making alliances wherever he must.

Creepily, while he wants to destroy the Diabolist, or at least take down whoever did this to his village, the Diabolist apparently does NOT feel the same. Demons in the wild seem more likely to want to capture him than kill him -- for some purpose he hasn't yet discovered. On the other hand, he has come into the good graces of the Prince of Shadows, or at least people who claim to know a guy who knows a guy. (Two points Conflicted with Diabolist, one point Positive with Prince of Shadows.)

Background: +5 Avenging Demon Hunter, +2 Apprentice with the Wind Whisperers in the Queen's Wood (wood elf clerics and sorcerers), +1 Apprentice to a small village veterinarian

Walking Dad

First Post
I would be interested in a magic using character, most likely a sorcerer. Any race or class (or background) that would be problematic with the adventure?

drothgery

First Post
I would be interested in a magic using character, most likely a sorcerer. Any race or class (or background) that would be problematic with the adventure?
I haven't read it over from beginning to end with a fine-toothed comb yet, but I don't think I'd veto anything out of hand (though I'd expect heroic characters; you shouldn't have a strong Positive relationship with an evil icon).

Walking Dad

First Post
Seems to be not enough interest thus far :(
A pity, as I had an interesting idea for a sorcerer dwarf with an unwanted conflicted relation to the lich king :devil:

Davachido

Explorer
How many players do you need for this game? As I can throw my hat in as a third player. My friend who joined the kickstarter clamours on me to give this a go, I'm up for trying it out. I don't know what kind of character I'd like to play just yet need to delve into the book a little further.

Shayuri

First Post
I like what I've seen of 13th Age...but all I've seen is a very early draft.

If I can find something more usable/up to date, I'd consider this.

Remove ads