D&D 5E Idea to handle the "ghoul problem"

Tony Vargas

Legend
Off topic - why not, after 6 years a topic can drift, right - say you were a ghoul in 4e.

And say you were a /vegan/ ghoul.

What do you do now, in 5e, that there are no more Wilden?

Last edited:

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
First they came for the skeletons, and I did not join the armies of the dead—
Because I was not a skeleton.​

Then they came for the zombies, and I did not eat the brains of the living—
Because I was not a zombie.​

Then they came for the ghouls, and I did not consume the flesh of the living—
Because I was not a ghoul.​

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to eat me.

Garndan

First Post
The Ghast takes care of necrotic damage in 5e if I am not mistaken. I do however play my ghuols in my campaign with multi-attack but with a DEX score of 15 I dont think that they are coordinated enough to attack with a bite at the same time they are flailing away with their claws. However once the victim is paralyzed I play it that the victim is thus grappled and the ghoul begins to drag the victim away biting and flailing with free claw at advantage to hit and auto crit hits because the victim is thus paralyzied. He continues to drag until victim breaks free or the ghoul takes enough hits to drop him below 10 hp or so. Then the ghoul will disengage and flee if possible or attack the PC attacking him in hopes of paralyzing him. This powers up the ghoul quite a bit!

Garndan

First Post
TFW? Necro? what does all this mean old timer. did it upset you or something becaus ethis is an old thread with a new meber/s that are not getting it I am not sure what your post means?

jgsugden

Legend
TFW = That feeling when.
Necro thread refers to a thread that was resuscitated after sitting untouched for years. The fear many have with bringing back an old thread is that things may change between when it was last discussed and the present. This, old statements may now seem wrong.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
TFW? Necro? what does all this mean old timer. did it upset you or something becaus ethis is an old thread with a new meber/s that are not getting it I am not sure what your post means?
TFW stands for That Feeling When. Necro is short for what is called "thread necromancy" in common online vernacular. The thread has been "dead" for 6 years, and your post brought it back to life, ergo it was an act of necromancy.

There's nothing wrong with thread necromancy necessarily. Some people consider it poor etiquette, but it's pretty harmless, and most people just find it strange and a bit funny. Especially when other people don't realize the thread's age respond to years-old posts without checking the date. I believe "that feeling" Azzy was referring to was bemusement.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases