[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

First Post
Brother Navio comes back to the location where everyone was before he left to get some supplies. Upon his return he sees that no one is there. After scanning the area he notices the sorcerer barreling through the crowd in pursuit of something or someone. Not able to see the other he heads in the direction of Torqua, easily making his way throught the people scattered about on the ground as a result of being pushed out of the way.

[sblock=Torqua]
You finally catch up to the boy, now with his back against a wall with eyes showing that he's is terrified.

Please miss...don't hurt me...I don't steal by choice...please don't hurt me

[/sblock]

With the crowd attention drawn to the fat woman chancing after the boy Leather makes his move against the larger of the two thugs.

GM: @jbear Roll your attack

Meanwhile, Fhangrin, with his two owlbears dancers, makes his way to Haaku, who is currently studying the wall in front of him.

GM: @WEContact @Son of Meepo: Go ahead and make your skill checks as describe here

[sblock=Perception check 20]
You notice that there is a slight indentation along the wall in the form of a rectangle three feet wide and 5 feet tall.

[sblock=Perception check 25]
In the middle of the hidden door is a pressure plate. However, you suspect that the plate maybe trapped. There is a small hole right below the plate. Perhaps someone with the ability to disarm a trap could be of assistance here

[sblock=thievery 15]
You have the knowledge to disarm the trap
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

OOC: I realize that I haven't given any rules for combat. When it comes I plan on using the combat as shown in the adventure that MadAzolin is currently running here (scan through the adventure thread and look at the combat map to get the idea).

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather reaches out with his brawny hand towards the distracted thug with resolute determination. The thug flinches away but Leather's grip is iron like. He thumps the butt of his axe against the thugs head. "What are you looking at us for? Speak up or your day is going to get worse and worse!" he growls in a low voice.

[sblock=OOC]
Grappling Strike vs Thug 15 vs AC Inevitable Strike second Atk Roll: 23 vs AC
Likely Hits for 11 non lethal dmg and is Grabbed and Marked TENT [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Perception (1d20+14=25)

Fhangrim examines the wall carefully, looking for signs of a hidden door. His ears perk up as he notices something.

"Well, well what have we here gents... I think we can just open th... uh oh. This thing is rigged to blow if we are careless. Hey Max, have a look at this. Whattaya think?"

Fhangrim removes a set of tools from his pack and with the help of Ursa Maximus carefully disarms the trap.

"I think that oughtta do it."

Fhangrim uses Speak with Spirits
Thievery (1d20+9+2+4=17)

dimsdale

First Post
"I think that oughtta do it."

Thievery (1d20+9+2+4=17)

[sblock=Fhangrim]
The trap is disarmed. After further analysis of the trap you realized that it wasn't designed to cause damage, but rather it was designed to be warning device. The door opens to a torch lit hallway leading to some steps going down. You hear voices that echo throughout the hallway. You can't understand the conversation, nor can you determine how far away the source. You can tell that there are more than one people talking, one of which sounds like possibly in a state of duress.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leather]
tge thug winces in pain, turns to look at his attacker, then looks away, talking back in a strained whisper. Uggghh! Hey!...Easy Mac!...Lighten the grip...the boss wants me to keep an eye on you guys! We report back to him every so often...some'thn about a ring you guys have!
[/sblock]

Your grab is successful.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Sorry, my internet has been out at home. I should be able to post much more by next week.

Haaku eyes Leather's captive coldly. "Who's the boss?"

OOC: tony danza's the boss

Goldhammer

First Post
[sblock=Torqua]
You finally catch up to the boy, now with his back against a wall with eyes showing that he's is terrified.

Please miss...don't hurt me...I don't steal by choice...please don't hurt me

[/sblock]

The anger fads from Torqua. "Well I suppose I'll forgive you. In fact, I'm almost impressed from me, the super-sized sorceress, the massive mage, Torqua Debu! You're lucky I'm so compassionate, else I would been forced unleash my magical might against you" She says, summoning a tiny fireball on her fingertip. Torqua then kneels down to she's at eye level with the little thief.

"Now tell me, who put you up to such a task?"

OOC:
OOC: Diplomacy Check: 1d20+10=20

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Torqua]
The boy pauses for a moment. You can tell the fear in his eyes is starting to subside. I...I used to work for Mr. Blue, but now I work for Mr. Sams. He told me he kill my brother and sister if I didn't work for him. Mr. Blue was nice. He give me some of the money I take from people...like yourself...for doing good job. He smiles for a moment, but then frowns. Mr...Mr. Sams give nothing and hits me when I don't get what he wants.
[/sblock]

GM: @WEContact Sorry to hear about the internet problems. We'll keep ya posted. One correction: Haaku is not by Leather. He is currently by Fhangrim inspecting a secret door. (See Map).

GM:
Everyone: Please check out the map below. There iw currently no encounter taking place, but something may take place soon based on the character interactions with the npcs. Please add your stats on the character stats portion of the map

map

GM: Note: You are in investigation mode.
*Leather is working on a thug.
*Both Fhangrim and Haaku are inspecting a secret door which Fhangrim successfully
disarmed the trap.
*Torqua has befriended a young thief.

Goldhammer

First Post
[sblock=Torqua]
The boy pauses for a moment. You can tell the fear in his eyes is starting to subside. I...I used to work for Mr. Blue, but now I work for Mr. Sams. He told me he kill my brother and sister if I didn't work for him. Mr. Blue was nice. He give me some of the money I take from people...like yourself...for doing good job. He smiles for a moment, but then frowns. Mr...Mr. Sams give nothing and hits me when I don't get what he wants.
[/sblock]

"Well if this 'Mr. Sams' thinks he can get away with hitting kids and making them do his dirty work, he's bitten off more than he can chew, namely me!" Torqua says, putting her hands on her hips and sticking out her chest like the egotistic heroine she is. "Any idea where he is?"

"Listen kid, once I deal with this Mr Sams, I might be able to get you a real job."

WEContact

First Post
Haaku stares down the corridor, nonplussed. He turns back to Fhangrim and says, "We should probably look into this. Let's gather the others; send your girls for Torqua and I'll go see if Leather's done haranguing the second of our pair of snoops."

Haaku shoulders his way through the crowd over to Leather.

Remove ads