[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

jbear

First Post
Leather stands once more with a growl. Things were not going well. He heaved his axe once more with a grunt, this time aiming at the guard's knee. A sickening crunch and the guard's cry of pain signals the warriors success. The cry of surprise from the other guard as Leather disappears from before his eyes, escaping the flanking manoeuvre, reappearing on the other side of the hobbled guard with his back to Fhangrim's pets. Closing in on the warrior from both sides again would definitely come at a steep price. Before the hobbled guard could turn and face him, Leather swapped axe for blade and drove the point of it into the back of his neck, sending him crashing to the ground. With his other hand he flicked his hand axe out from his belt. The axe missed its mark and came whiring back to Leather who caught it with a curse.

[sblock=Actions] Move: Stand Up
Standard: Steel Serpent Strike vs G3 (2Handed: +1 dmg Versatile): 26 vs AC=Hit for 19 dmg and G3 is slowed and cant shift TENT
Free: Battle Axe of Surrounding Trigger: hit with Battle Axe Effect: Teleport to O5 (gain benefit of both Auras)
Minor: Swap Battle Axe for Longsword (Master at Arms)
Action Point: Cleave vs G3 26 vs AC=Hit for 10 dmg which just Kills G3 freeing Leather from his mark
Deft hurler Feat: Make free RBA vs another target instead of dealing additional dmg
RBA vs Priest 2 with Hand Axe 12 vs AC=Miss Marked TENT

[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Haaku's keen eye hadn't been able to perceive the perfectly clear force field behind the cultists' noxious cloud, but he couldn't possibly miss the disturbances in the field, the way it quivered under every blow to the cultists as if it were taking the same blows they were. Haaku acts quickly on this realization, turning his killer's eye briefly away from the necromancer and tearing the nearest cultist open. Weakened by their damnable magic, he only just manages to kill, and fails to literally tear his prey apart as he'd intended.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Perception 30 re:force field, DC 15
Minor: Quarry P1
Standard: Twin Strike HIT, HIT P1 AC 18, 20 for 16 damage (32 before weakened reduction)
Result: P1 takes 16 damage, and then takes 8 more at the start of his turn, killing him, but Haaku doesn't save vs Weakened
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 40/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 6/8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort[], Sohei Flurry[], Off-hand Strike[X], Rain of Blows[X], Invigorating Stride[], Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[X][/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua curses as she misses the two villainous clerics. She needed to put an end to their demonic actions before gods-know-what popped into the room. Plus, missing all the time did little to her reputation. Making out two sinister figures in the dark smog, Torqua rushes across the room to get into better firing position. Taking a deep breath in, the wide witch bellows out a storm of flame, engulfing two of the unholy priests in magical fire.

OOC: Moving to K4. Using Burning Spray against P2 and P3
The next enemy that hits Torqua with a melee attack before the end of her next turn takes 4 fire damage.
I get +1 to attacks against any enemy I hit until the end of my next turn thanks to Arcane Spellfury.

Attacks against P2 and P3. Vs Ref.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4317563/

Fire damage against P2 and P3.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4317565/

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
GM: ooc: Its' about time...better late than never :]

Both Haaku and and Leather finish off foes, the first being one of the
priest and the latter being a guard. The other two allies hit other
targets for minor wounds.

[sblock=Haaku]
At the death of the priest the mist around you disappears. No longer do you
feel the life draining effect of the mist. The barrier between you and
the foe performing the ritual still exists however. [/sblock]

The priest fire back with necrotic globs hitting Torqua and Brother Navio. One of
the guards shifts and hits the sorcerer as well for a minor wound. The force of the
blow knocks her to the ground.

OOC:
ENEMY ATTACKS

[sblock=priest attack]
Mote of Corruption (standard; at-will) ✦ Necrotic
The priest hurls a black glob of necrotic filth.
Ranged
10; +7 vs. Reflex; 1d6 + 4
[/sblock]

priest 2: Attack vs Haaku reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): miss

priest 3: Attack vs Torqua reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): Hit (20) for 7 damage: Torqua is weakened (save ends)

priest 4: Attack vs Brother Navio reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends):miss

priest 5: Attack vs Brother Navio reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): Hit (21) for 9 and brother Navio is weakened (Save ends)

priest 6: Attack vs Hakuu reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): miss

High Priest:
action: continue ritual

G1:
Shift to present location:
Powerful Strike vs Torqua AC: 1d20+10 for 1d10+3 damage and target knocked prone: Hit (22) for 9 and
knocked prone and marked by G1

recharge power: no
G4: Shift to curent location and attack with basic attack 1d20+10 vs UX AC: miss

recharge attack: yep

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Can I get an assist on P2?

Haaku grows increasingly frustrated by his inability to shake of the priests' fatiguing enchantment. He steps over one mangled corpse to tear apart his next target, but his vicious blows leave the priest hanging onto life by a thread. His keen eyes see the way his blows shake the barrier around the necromancer, and he waits for the moment when he can break through it.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Quarry P2
Move: ->H3
Standard: Twin Strike HIT, HIT P2 AC 27, 27 for 16 damage (32 before weakened reduction)
Result: P1 takes 16 damage, and then takes 7 more at the start of his turn, but Haaku doesn't save vs Weakened
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 40/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 6/8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort[], Sohei Flurry[], Off-hand Strike[X], Rain of Blows[X], Invigorating Stride[], Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[X][/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The remaining guards were paying no mind to Leather, and Leather had decided that the cultists spells were annoying enough to warrant consideration as the greatest threat. Moving straight ahead he changes his sword for his axe once more and with a single handed strike all but beheads one of the spellcasters. His other hand flicks his hand axe at another of the casters cracking him in between the eyes. "Boo" he growls, waiting for the priest to flinch back from his presence so he could lash out once more.

OOC: @dimsdale WEContact and I posted at the same time. (His post wasn't there when I began). He has finished P2 by himself by the looks. Can I please change my target of Cleave to P3 and Deft Hurler RBA to P4 please.

Edit: Double Crit: Is that worth anything!? :D

[sblock=Actions] Minor: Change Longsword for Battle Axe
Move: to J5
Standard: Cleave vs P2: Crit! 1d10+7=17 max dmg; crit dice not required P2 is DEAD!
Edit: Target change to P3: Crit Dice 1d6=3 Total Dmg= 20 dmg Marked TENT
Deft Hurler Free RBA (doesn't provoke) vs P3: Crit!! max dmg 1d6+7=13 dmg Crit Dice: 1d6+13=18 dmg and Marked TENT
Edit: Change to P4

Combat Challenge: If P3 shifts (or attacks someone else) ImmInterrupt MBA; If P3 casts there: OATK
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I need to know which of the Ps are still alive before I take my turn. Also the reflex of the guards still appears to be wrong. I really doubt they have a 29 Reflex at this level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases