[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

WEContact

First Post
Haaku pulls out a note and a folded cloak from an inner pocket in the deceased's jacket, and unfolds both. The first he passes wordlessly to Torqua, and the latter he inspects more closely before taking off his pack and draping the cloak around his shoulders. He leaves the voluminous hood lowered (it's unnecessary given the loose turban covering his head and the lower half of his face) and kneels, taking things out of his pack and placing them in pockets that appear to line the interior of the cloak, beginning with several braces of daggers and a few clinking potion bottles. He continues for a puzzling amount of time, with the cloak conspicuously lacking any indication that it now contains several kilos of gear. Finally he rolls up the empty backpack and puts that in yet another pocket, and stands.

OOC: Going with a +2 Deep-Pocket Cloak!

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua blushs for a moment and is then over come by a wave of vanity. "Well it's quite normal to feel this way when in the aura of my beauty. Dukes and princes have dropped at my feet, begging for my hand at the sight of me." The sorceress says, bending the truth a just a little bit. "But none quite as... Daring as you I might say. Tragically, I never be with someone who mugs people or threatens children or their families. I like someone who gives back to the community. Maybe there's redeem yourself in my eyes yet."

Torqua has a brief look at the note she was given then turns back to the thug.

"A friend of mine lost something the other day. A jade ring. One that might have magical powers. I believe your ex-boss was going to sell it to someone called Lady Luck. Would you tell me where I could find them? I mean surely you would me to have the ring than this Lady Luck person, wouldn't you?"

Diplomacy check:

1d20+10=30

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku pulls Torqua towards him by the shoulder so that he can whisper in her ear. "Lady Luck is a local establishment. It's the name of the meeting place."

jbear

First Post
"Funny. We were fixing to go and visit Blue. So it was Blue's idea to jump us, was it? So, will we find Blue in the Lady Luck? How about you take us to him and we can let him know about Mr Sam at the same time." ​From Leather's tone and expression it is clear that he doesn't find the situation very funny at all.

dimsdale

First Post
Torqua blushs for a moment and is then over come by a wave of vanity. "Well it's quite normal to feel this way when in the aura of my beauty. Dukes and princes have dropped at my feet, begging for my hand at the sight of me." The sorceress says, bending the truth a just a little bit. "But none quite as... Daring as you I might say. Tragically, I never be with someone who mugs people or threatens children or their families. I like someone who gives back to the community. Maybe there's redeem yourself in my eyes yet."

Torqua has a brief look at the note she was given then turns back to the thug.

"A friend of mine lost something the other day. A jade ring. One that might have magical powers. I believe your ex-boss was going to sell it to someone called Lady Luck. Would you tell me where I could find them? I mean surely you would me to have the ring than this Lady Luck person, wouldn't you?"

Diplomacy check:

1d20+10=30

Hey, I never hurt any kid! That was Mr. Sams! The thug looks both ways as if looking out for someone. Listen, I haven't seen Mr. Blue in a long time. I think Mr. Sams was trying to take over the business. The boy walks closer. I...I know where he's keeping Mr. Blue. I followed him last night when he thought no one was watching. Mr. Blue don't look so good. Something...something is...watching him...the boy shivers in fear. He regains his composer. I can take you there. Instinctively he borrows himself into a layer of Torqua's fat for protection.

GM: sorry for the delay all. I'm back now. Ready to kill...I mean help you now

jbear

First Post
Leather slowly worked through what he knew and what he was being told, giving more than ample time to anyone else in the group to respond first, even if they did so at in the most leisurely manner. From what he had understood Blue hadn't wanted to jump them at all. Blue had been jumped by Mr Sams. So Mr Sams was an underling who got too big for his boots. Leather had seen that before plenty. And Sams was scary enough to have cowards like these other thugs just roll over and do his bidding. Finally it all clicks for Leather and he butts back in to the conversation. "You're all a bunch of cowards. May maggots rot your flesh before you die. And may no one mourn your passing any more than passing foul wind. Get the hell out of my sight before I finish what we began... Not you boy. Take us to Blue, and hurry. We will deal with whatever is watching him."

WEContact

First Post
Leather gets nothing but a nod and a moment of eye contact from Haaku, but the two have fought together enough now that despite the dusty killer's half-concealed face, that's all it takes to convey his sentiment: Well said- I'm ready to go any time.

Remove ads