The Real Value of Brain Boosting Items

Kaodi

Hero
This is something that I was just thinking about because we have "found" a few such items now in a game I am in. "Who gets the Headband of Intelligence?" is determined in game by who can benefit from it most. But if such a thing really existed, would donning it not be such a life altering experience that pretty much anyone would be loathe to give it up? Would it not, in essence, be far more valuable than the comparative body boosting item and probably many other items of similar "power" ?

Jhaelen

First Post
Well, the question is how big such a boost in intelligence really is. The game effects are mostly negligible for characters with about average intelligence. I think the boost matters most for characters with either very low or very high intelligence. And in the real world? I don't think I'd notice much of a difference if my IQ rating increased or dropped by about 10 points. A truly significant boost, though, that catapults your IQ into 'superhuman' regions would probably have a very noticeable effect. I liked how this was portrayed in the movie Limitless. A few minor nitpicks aside, that was pretty much how I'd imagine the changes.

Remove ads