[LPF] The Ringling Affair

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash nods along with Jericho's monologue though it readily becomes apparent that the older man is becoming restless and his mind is wandering. His eyes stray to the lovely elven girl in the beautifully mismatched clothes seated at another table and discussing shopping with her table companion. "Such Rundaine style!" he mutters to himself.

"I wonder... Oh yes! Splendid idea, Jericho, my boy!"

One wonders, however, with one hand toying with a frayed tassle dangling from his turban and the other swirling the wine in his cup whether Qalabash even knows what was proposed. He looks surprised that there is still wine in his cup and takes somewhat more than a sip as he turns to Emily.

"What do you think, Emily dear? We've barely heard two sentences from your mouth the entire time we've been here. Perhaps, you would like to give your opinion. I, for one, would dearly like to become better acquainted with the young woman who has such a formidable and presumably handsome mother."

Qalabash blinks at his empty cup. "Although if I sit here drinking wine all afternoon I shall be in no fit state to perform a job of any sort. How long did you say until we can leave to pick up this package of yours? Soon, I hope?"

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 1:50pm: The Dunn Wright Inn ~

Merchant.jpg

Your discussions are interrupted with the arrival of the food, but no more wine is forthcoming. Barton Ringling doesn't want to encourage anyone to get drunk before they are to discharge the duties he is contracting. Of the course of the meal he says, "We can leave early and you can travel to the meeting place from my doorstep if that will put your mind at ease. But this is Venza and there are multiple ways to get from one place to another. Even taking a mostly direct way, there are a number of streets we could take that are only a block or two apart."

"However, at some point we do have to cross a bridge. The stone bridge on Griffin Street. Any other route and we would walk an extra thirty minutes. But the open bridge is hardly a good place for an ambush, it is wide enough for two wagons to pass going in opposite directions and nowhere to hide."

Several minutes later you are finishing up and it is time to leave if you are going to go near Barton's home before heading to the Docks District to pick up his delivery.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Jericho:    12/12 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      09/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Harkoz:     11/11 HP remaining;
Kor:        05/05 HP remaining;
Uff:        13/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Emily Halten

Emily's done a good job concealing her impatience, she thinks, but she's definitely ready to go. As the group gathers itself to depart, she slips up beside Qalabash.

"There's not that much to know about me. My dad's an inkeeper, and he makes a great summer ale, but I thought I'd like adventuring better. What about you?"[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty
Conditions: None

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Triskaideka

First Post
"Consider my concerns addressed, Master Ringling. I think I have a good understanding of the tactical situation..." Later on as they finish up, he stands and prepares to depart for Barton's home. The wizard's whip remains coiled tightly in his clawed hand as he immediately begins to survey their path to Ringling's place. The young man certainly appears to be all business. The raven, Kor, took flight, watching them from above as he pinwheeled tightly through the air.

attachment.php
attachment.php
[sblock=Stats:]Harkoz D'vorza Wizard (Conjuration) 1
In Hand: Whip
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Sleep, Shield, Enlarge Person, Grease

Special:
Shift: Teleport to space within sight if it does not provoke AoO, 5 ft per 2 Wizard lvls (min 5), 3 + Int mod per day. 8/8 remaining.

Kor, Raven Familiar
HP: 5 Current HP: 5
Conditions: n/a[/sblock]

RunGord

First Post
Another arrives

Across the room you see Trixie pointing a newcomer towards your group. The young man walks purposefully, if slightly wobbly, towards the table as he rolls his eyes at Grog one last time.
"Here we go," you hear him say to no one in particular as he draws closer.

Standing in front of you is a human wall of muscle. Stocky, a bit shorter than your average fighter-type. His head is shaved. His wears the common, inexpensive travelling clothes of man with few means. He wears some light armour, but if he's armed, it's not obvious. His face looks like someone had, although not recently, run this man's face over with a wagon cart. He appears to be wearing one ornamented dagger on a chain around his neck.

Drink in hand and slightly unsteady, the man introduces himself.
"G'day. Good people. Trixie tells us your planning an outing. Might be you're just running an errand, but in these parts there likely gonna be someone who doesn't want you to run that errand. Well, that's the kind of help we're good at. Champions of the pits, " Here he raises his left arm, curling it to highlight his muscles, "defenders of the weak," Here he raises his right arm similarly, "Muscle for hire, so to speak -- the mighty Uff and Izzy at yer service!"

Uff Small.jpg[sblock=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks)
Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round)
Improved Unarmed Strike (Unarmed doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash waves off any discussion of route as being something that Harkoz and Jericho should attend to, being the experts of logistics and transportation. Instead he turns to speak quietly with Emily.

"Summer ale? That glorious, golden beverage? And you gave up that life for the precarious adventuring life? Ah, well, I suppose adventuring is safer for one's virtue, particularly if one brings their Mother along. As for myself, I was raised an urchin thief in Rhat'matanis." He flexes his fingers as he continues, "But the dexterity isn't quite the same as when I was younger. By fate, I was plucked from those streets and spent the majority of my adult life wandering the grass sea of the Pell with a Rundaine caravan. But I finally decided that I was tired of telling stories and wanted to live them instead."

Qalabash looks like he would continue telling his tale to Emily when the stranger arrives.

"Ha, ha! He's named his muscles! Clever, my boy, clever! Your arrival is fortuitous as we were just preparing to leave upon a delicate transport matter. I, for one, would not mind splitting the share amongst one more. Particularly one clever enough to come in disguise and feigning tipsyness to throw off those of nefarious intent. And if it isn't feigned... Well then, we've plenty of walking to do before the rendezvous point which will bring him back to sobriety and during which he can learn proper comportment during a job.

Plus, nine is such a fortuitous number, counting the crow, ah, raven and presuming your Mother shows up,"
says Qalabash in an aside to Emily.

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Rift-LPF

First Post
Jericho rises as well, his wine left untouched. "Hmm, many hands do lighten the load... and a man that looks like he could punch his way through a brick wall does have a certain dissuasive quality, for some purposes at least." he states, eyeing up the newcomer a bit longer than seems necessary. "Also, he's not a porter. Of course taking on anyone else is up to you, Mister Ringling. I'll be conferring with our friend with access to a birds-eye view."

Having excused himself, Jericho falls into step with Harkoz on his way to the door.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]

RunGord

First Post
The muscle wall looks confused. "That's not my muscles, that's me," He says. After a moments thought, he goes on. "I'm Uff," he asserts. Looking down at his biceps he says, "They don't have names." He appears to be struggling with this thought for a moment, then his eyes brighten: "Hey, maybe they should!" He mumbles to himself while patting his arms, apparently running through the possibilities... "The Gunn brothers. Nah. The stingers. Meh. The avengers. Nah. The pythons. I kinda like that--the pythons. Hmm, would that just sound silly when the bards sing it?"

He pulls himself from his brief distraction and turns back to the table. He squints briefly at Qalabash as though trying to calculate whether "feigning" is the same as "fainting", but decides to pass. He orders a hot drink -- popular as a sobering stimulant -- and begins sipping it hurriedly as soon as it arrives.

"We overheard the gist of what ye wanna do."
He says to Mr. Ringling and the group in general. "We don't wanna slow you down none, We're ready to move on if you wanna fill us in the details as we go along. Sorry, I mean assuming you want us along. I'll be honest, we could really use the work."

[sblock=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie Thissiledew ~ gnome healer 1

"Ah, yeah, he looks like he can help with the heavy lifting." The little gnomish girl climbs down from her chair and gathers her things together in preparation to leave.
[section]
[sblock=actions]Sense Motive if Barton flinches at a question (1d20+0=19)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 10 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls a 1, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 1:55pm: In front of the Dunn Wright Inn ~

Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling welcomes the new arrival, figuring one more strong warrior would be just about right. Besides the muscle-bound one can help carry the package since the others are reluctant to do so. After taking a few minutes to explain the payment and situation, you are ready to go.

Out on the street, your employer explains,
"The man I hired is a human called Dramm Marley. He came recommended by a few people and is known to be a fairly decent guide and outdoorsman. He sent word of his return to Venza with his success and he listed a quay on the other side of the Gulls for the exchange."

"My home is in the opposite direction almost, a nice neighborhood near the edge of the Roses and through Incudine. We have time to go by my home if we walk briskly. Ultimately we would have to return roughly in this direction unless you want to cut through the Planks. A prospect that I do not recommend without good reason."

Barton looks to see which way you wish go.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Jericho:    12/12 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      09/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Harkoz:     11/11 HP remaining;
Kor:        05/05 HP remaining;
Uff:        13/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: