GM found! 0-level funnel pending!

fireinthedust

Explorer
So I promised myself that I'd buy DCCrpg when I finished reading Jack Vances Dying Earth. I picked it up and am workng my way through it fast. I'd love to have a group in place when I'm ready to go... Any takers?

I'm new to the system, but would love to try it out with other enthusiasts of appendix N!

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Wonderful game! Reminds me that I'm running a session March 1st for a local game day!

Did you mean an online group?

GlassEye

Adventurer
The funnel does sound like a lot of fun. I started reading through the book, then jumping around as I couldn't wait to read about certain things. There are several portions I'm sure I've missed. I've never played; my F2F group is tied up in a long campaign right now and this is the first possibility of a pbp DCC game I've found.

darjr

I crit!
The funnel is amazing. I've run a few of them. They are almost a game unto themselves. I love running funnels as one shots at cons.

doghead

thotd
I have picked up a number of game systems recently looking for a faster simpler alternative to 3.5/Pathfinder. I have swung past DCC a couple of times but haven't yet picked it up. That been said, it does look like a hell a lot of fun; the funnel being a particularly crazy scary way to create (select?) a character.

So colour me interested. If this gets as far as character generation, I will pick up the game.

thotd

fireinthedust

Explorer
So I found this page: http://purplesorcerer.com/create.php?oc=rulebook&hp=normal&mode=3d6

It generates o-level characters for DCCrpg. I tried it a bunch of times, and I figure we could have the set-up: we've all got four characters each, and every round we can choose which of the four does *something*. So on my turn I can pick if my Scribe or my Halfling does something. Then on your turn you can choose if your wainwright or your shepherd does something, etc.

You get one character action each turn, out of the four in the stable.

When we finish the adventure, we pick which survivor (if any) becomes a PC class. OR, if they all die, we randomly create another four and start up with the group at that point.

If I were running a game, the 0-level premise would be "you're part of a mob" sort of deal: maybe there's a witch or a werewolf, and we're out with our pitch forks or something? That's why there's a big crowd of extra PCs hanging around while we storm the dungeon, I suppose.

Or does the funnel assume we only control one such character, and then the rest are "just there" until the first one dies? Or we keep them in storage even after the first one gains actual class levels?

doghead

thotd
So I found this page: http://purplesorcerer.com/create.php?oc=rulebook&hp=normal&mode=3d6

It generates o-level characters for DCCrpg. I tried it a bunch of times, and I figure we could have the set-up: we've all got four characters each, and every round we can choose which of the four does *something*. So on my turn I can pick if my Scribe or my Halfling does something. Then on your turn you can choose if your wainwright or your shepherd does something, etc.

Cool. Click the link and get four characters. How good is that? I also tried it a number of times, but nothing could compete with the corn farmer, halfling vagrant, grave digger and minstrel combination that I got first time. <Saved ...>

I don't know how the funnel is supposed to run. You could just treat it as four characters run simultaneously. But your idea of pick one character a round to do *something* sound cool, and nice a and fast. Again, I don't know how you are supposed to winnow down the characters, but I would be inclined to say, pick the one that you like (of the survivors?)

If I were running a game, the 0-level premise would be "you're part of a mob" sort of deal: maybe there's a witch or a werewolf, and we're out with our pitch forks or something? That's why there's a big crowd of extra PCs hanging around while we storm the dungeon, I suppose.

One of the Pathfinder AP's kicked of with a big arse gobin raid on a town. I suppose that my first thought was something along those lines.

thotd

doghead

thotd
The minstrel has 1 hp, Luck 5 (-2), Stamina 5 (-2) and and a holy symbol worth 25 GP!. Time to pawn the holy symbol and retire I think!

thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases