(Any Edition) Overland wilderness adventures?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I'm prepping for a Whitehack campaign and need a good two or three wilderness adventures (or dungeon crawls that begin as wilderness adventures). I'm a little out of touch when it comes to modules that have been published in the last 10 years or so. Do you have any recommendations that meet the aforementioned criteria?

nijineko

Explorer
well. i just rob old editions adventures for ideas and what not. stare at the map and make stuff up sometimes. seems to work out pretty well.

Wangalade

Explorer
keep on the borderlands- it was in the playtest packets(or at least eh caves of chaos were), check out dndclassics.com(there are two free pdf adventures for 4e there), I just use old modules, and ignore/replace irrelevant stats. village of hommlet/ temple of elemental evil also starts in town/wilderness.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I like Isle of Dread a lot. The various humanoids are cool, and the dungeon at the end has a really cool gimmick (make sure you read it carefully!). If I were running it again, I'd fill in a few more of the hexes.

Or did you specifically mean wilderness adventures from the last 10 years? In that case, I don't know of any. Modules recently have gotten a lot more "plot driven," unfortunately (though 5e will have hex crawling adventures!).

Last edited:

nijineko

Explorer
Because I actually enforce the restrictions on teleporting, my party has found themselves trudging the long way to someplace they've never seen and can't find any way to get a good rendition of it sufficient to risk teleporting. (they don't have scry, somehow). ^^ made for some interesting encounters, it did.

Remove ads