Resurection S1 E2: Unearthed

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, watching a hole get dug in the forest and it got me thinking. there are two things wrong in that picture:
1. whenever they dig a hole on TV, the ground is always nice and soft, and the whole perfectly rectangular
--When ever I dug in the ground as an electrician, the ground was as hard as rock.
2. The guy was digging in the forest, in amongst the trees. He should be finding more roots then dirt!

Is it just me and the dirt is always soft for every one else? Or does every one else have rock hard dirt?

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
Ok, watching a hole get dug in the forest and it got me thinking. there are two things wrong in that picture:
1. whenever they dig a hole on TV, the ground is always nice and soft, and the whole perfectly rectangular
--When ever I dug in the ground as an electrician, the ground was as hard as rock.
2. The guy was digging in the forest, in amongst the trees. He should be finding more roots then dirt!

Is it just me and the dirt is always soft for every one else? Or does every one else have rock hard dirt?

It's only soft for Hollywood.

The simplest explanation being, that crew dug the hole, which was hard and full of roots. Then they filled it and staged the top-cover so it looked natural. then the cameras and actor show up to shoot the scene of shovelling. Which of course goes easy now that it's really a hole with soft dirt in it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yeah, I know. I just wish they would have it made it more believable by adding a few roots, a pick ax and rocks, with the hole less beautifully square corners.

Remove ads