what does Orc+Elf equal?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
LOL that is an amusing idea elves with antlers.

*cough*

https://thedragonprince.com/character-reveal-moonshadow-elf-assassins/

Moonshadow1-4-768x768.jpg

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Honestly, I already find the existing half-races to be obnoxiously stupid and their interaction with the weird gamer instinct towards mathematical symmetry to be downright corrosive to the narrative elements served by having different races in the first place.

The reason that the most commonly published half-breeds are all half-human is that humans are the only mortal race that can readily breed with others... and any such being should be a mutually exclusive modifier on human mechanics rather than having its own separate race entry.

Since I am unable to provide a useful reply, I'm glad that you and your DM seem to have worked something out. Good luck!

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Years ago (too many to mention numbers), I helped write a campaign that included many half races.
In addition to the normal half-breeds (1/2 elf and 1/2 orc), we had:

Dwonome (1/2 dwarf, 1/2 gnome)
Gnomling (1/2 gnome, 1/2 halfling)
Half-Dwarf (1/2 dwarf, 1/2 human)
Tarnat (1/2 dwarf, 1/2 orc)
Ulf (1/2 elf, 1/2 dwarf)
Gnoblin (1/2 deep gnome, 1/2 [psionic] blue goblin)
Half-Dragon (1/2 dragon, 1/2 human or demihuman (including half breeds but no goblinoids or orcs) [These were our only possible 1/4 breeds]
But orc/elf combo, never considered it.

We had a half-breed template that took care of other races we hadn't considered.
We also house-ruled that most (95%) half-breeds are sterile. If someone wants to play a 1/4 breed for 1/2 dragon, they can; but there are no other 1/4 breed racial combinations.
I do have rules for all these half-breed races if anyone is interested.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases