Current status?

Hey Khisanth mate! :)

That's awful :(

It wasn't so much that I didn't get the job it was the lack of explanation why (after being told I had it). From the outset I knew it was a longshot since (even though I consider myself the best in the world at it*) it required 4 years hand-on experience with AAA videogame design. But at the interview they loved everything I had shown them, they were like 'we're going to make this happen' etc. So after that I was on a high and fully believed I had landed my dream job. Then the follow-up interview to confirm everything (meant to take place a day or two later) never occurred and I just got an email 6 days later saying thanks, but you didn't get it - no further explanation.

*Which I understand sounds arrogant, but not only could I back it up, I DID back it up in the interview to the point where they were seemingly picking me (with no hands on experience) to be senior designer of a $10 million game.

After that is there still a possibility of the Pathfinder Vampire Bestiary? Most of the monsters are already converted...

I know amigo. Its basically the joint first thing I will do when I get back into the swing of things.

1. Complete the maps for the re-release of the Vampire Bestiary - while working on them I will put together the Pathfinder version.
2. Complete the Maps for VB 2 (a book that is written, but for a few encounters in the adventure section)
3. Finish VB 3 (about half written)

So what kind of timeline do you think we are looking at for the Pathfinder version of Vampire Bestiary 1? (And Bestiary 2 - and is that still the one with the Vampire Intelligence in it?)

Apologies for the delay amigo! :)

So what kind of timeline do you think we are looking at for the Pathfinder version of Vampire Bestiary 1? (And Bestiary 2 - and is that still the one with the Vampire Intelligence in it?)

July - complete 2nd videogame proposal
About a 1/100 chance of landing the job

...assuming I don't get the job
September - Vampire Bestiary 1 with maps + Vampire Bestiary 1 (Pathfinder conversion)
November - Vampire Bestiary 2 with maps
February (maybe) - Vampire Bestiary 3 with maps

Hey Khisanth matey! :)

What is left on the Pathfinder conversion? Did I ever send you the rest of the animals (piranha swarm, fire ant swarm, bullet ant swarm)? I don't think so...

Very few, but I don't want to worry about that until I get the maps finished.

Once I get the maps done I know I can go full steam ahead with the conversion. As you note yourself it was only a handful of stat blocks still needed for conversion, so it won't take long when I get everything sorted (re: the maps - which are the main stumbling block).

Well are the maps really needed for the PF version? 4E is more dependent on stuff like that, and after all the 4E version is already on sale without them.

And something being 'out there' for PF would probably get noticed by people who'd never heard of your other stuff...

hey amigo! :)

Well are the maps really needed for the PF version? 4E is more dependent on stuff like that, and after all the 4E version is already on sale without them.

I wouldn't say needed. But it seems silly to have Pathfinder version with no maps one month and then 4E version the next with maps.

So I think the maps improve the package whether 4E or Pathfinder. I understand your point though, certainly Pathfinder is less reliant on maps but adventures DO still have maps in Pathfinder (or at least they did last time I checked). ;)

And something being 'out there' for PF would probably get noticed by people who'd never heard of your other stuff...

I think at this juncture I have realised I cannot make a living from RPG products. Whether that's to do with my output rate (certainly a factor) and of course the current market conditions (multiple different D&D brands).

So I am less fussed about that from a personal point of view now than say 5-7 years ago. But I'd love to have the final Vampire Bestiary hardcover version for the artists because they have both done fantastic work (and been paid for it I should add) that really merits being on sale.

I wouldn't say needed. But it seems silly to have Pathfinder version with no maps one month and then 4E version the next with maps.

If it would only be a one month gap then yes that makes sense.

I understand your point though, certainly Pathfinder is less reliant on maps but adventures DO still have maps in Pathfinder (or at least they did last time I checked). ;)

Definitely, I was just thinking this is a bit different case since it isn't 'primarily' an adventure.

Remove ads