Should I publish?

Number47

First Post
I have a short story, one of the best I've written that is also typed up. Check the link in my sig. I would like to get feedback from my friends here. Should I try to get it published? I've never tried to publish a short story before (I have a completed novel that hasn't gotten any response), but I think this could be a start. If yes, where? I'm not up on the short story anthology magazines. Who do you think would be a good match for this story?

Related note, is there any interest in seeing more short stories that I've written and plan to write? If people like them, I would love to share.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Might be too short for a lot of venues but maybe a submission to Asgard or the new EN World Mag or RPGNow Ezine might be in order. *shrug* Good luck! :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Number47 said:
It's funny that you recommend those. It has nothing to do with gaming at all...

To be honest, I do not think that most fiction published in gaming mags has anything to do with gaming, since gaming is the act of creating a story, and in fiction the story has already been told. But, as with most fiction published in gaming mags, one nice illustration to go along with it and you have yourself the beginning of a setting or adventure in one genre or another. *shrug*

Rahkan

First Post
Its awesome, I really loved it. I think you should try to send it off to a sci-fi mag like Analog or Amazing Stories. It is a little short, but they print stuff that short, and it seems futuristic so it should fit in. If it doesn't get published then you lose nothing for trying, but I think it has a chance. Its better than some sci-fi short stories I've read, which goes on forever and does nothing.

Remove ads