D&D 5E Live Dungeons & Dragons Q&A Friday, June 6 Question Thread

Blackwarder

Adventurer
In the last few weeks we announced the product lineup for the new edition of D&D, along with some details about the D&D Starter Set and Basic Rules. At this point you probably have questions, and lucky for you, we have answers! Join us Friday June 6th at 11 AM PDT for a live Q&A with Dungeons & Dragons R&D and we’ll answer all the Starter and Basic Rules questions we can in this hour.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/news/liveqa6614

Like the last time we had a live Q&A, this thread is for questions only until the Q&A is over and we can post the answers and our observations. Please refrain from answering each other so Trevor will have an easy time going through this.

Warder

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Questions:

1. How many spells per level there will be in Basic D&D?

2. Is basic D&D is a book in PDF format, or is it divided into sections like the play test documents?

3. Will there be support for organized play outside of the US?

4. When all we be able to translate the game into our native language?

Warder

Nemio

First Post
I'm a new DM planning to go through the starter set and then continue with the Hoard of the dragon queen adventure.
Will I be able to flow from one to the other easily or will my players have to start at lvl 1 again? (I hope not...)

The Hitcher

Explorer
@Nemio: Nay, the Starter set starts at level 1 and uses pregen characters. Tyranny also starts at level 1, but you're going to want to roll your own characters by then, anyway. Use the Starter Set as a practice run.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that I wasn't supposed to answer stuff. I'll stop now.

Last edited:

Olfan

First Post
How much high level play testing and number tweaking was done? Will the DMG have any suggestions on how to challenge high level characters?

The Hitcher

Explorer
@Olfan: Your question isn't about the Starter Set/Basic Rules. A suggested rephrase:

How much high level play testing and number tweaking was done? Will the DM's rules in Basic have any suggestions on how to challenge high level characters? (Or will that be something that's addressed later in the DMG?)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases