OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Here is the decision for you.
Take Eldritch Scoundrel - it is the simplest option and you get magus spells (which is more than you would get with other options and you can use your talents for other stuff)
And you keep trapfinding. And most other good stuff.

If you give me few days, I can come up with something for [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION].

Leif, do you want same/similar stats? How much of a change are we talking about? If you go rogue, I can leave everything as-is and just re-arrange the abilities...even spells and magic items fit the role :)
Some decisions you have to make: ranged or melee?

I would probaly drop STR and CHA and raise DEX - dex damage is possible and you lose dependency on two attributes. I would keep Arcane Strike - Mythic version is awesome (not sure if you want so much similarity with my character?)
For path: trickster or you remain archmage? Maybe forced upon you the family? For path ability - legendary item?

Leif

Adventurer
If you give me few days, I can come up with something for [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION].

Leif, do you want same/similar stats? How much of a change are we talking about? If you go rogue, I can leave everything as-is and just re-arrange the abilities...even spells and magic items fit the role :)
Some decisions you have to make: ranged or melee?

I would probaly drop STR and CHA and raise DEX - dex damage is possible and you lose dependency on two attributes. I would keep Arcane Strike - Mythic version is awesome (not sure if you want so much similarity with my character?)
For path: trickster or you remain archmage? Maybe forced upon you the family? For path ability - legendary item?

I would appreciate it greatly, thanks! Yeah, I have a long-standing misunderstanding with Dex bonus being applied to missile damage. I'd choose ranged over melee, either trickster or archmage [I'm not at all familiar with trickster], and I have no problem with similarity to other PCs, as long as the other player is ok with it.

I would appreciate it greatly, thanks! Yeah, I have a long-standing misunderstanding with Dex bonus being applied to missile damage. I'd choose ranged over melee, either trickster or archmage [I'm not at all familiar with trickster], and I have no problem with similarity to other PCs, as long as the other player is ok with it.

I don't have any experience with mythic, but by the description(s), trickster is rogue way...
Also, I think melee will have better opportunities for sneak attack since Thorn and Viridian are melee. And you will NEVER be Vakeva (but with sneak attack and magic and bane arrows, you might come close)

The problem, as far as I can see it, is getting people sneak attacked from distance...but that's why you'll have some spells and wands (grease, glitterdust etc...)
:)

I still would go with melee, many more options...but maybe mythic offers something...

For now:
rogue, counterfeit mage / eldritch scoundrel - you get to use your dex on UMD, slow your sneak attack progression by half, but gain spells, signature wand for which you don't have to roll UMD (thus, you can wield priestly or druidic or whatever wand without check)

You lose armor (but gain armor spell :) )

Last edited:

[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION],
feel free to add new spells - focus on control rather than damage, things that enable sneak attack are preferable
I would rather have shield as a wand than as prepared spell (due your lower number of spells per day) - you have the spellbook now so take care :)

you're unchained - you have dex to damage and weapon finesse with elven blade (or rapier if you prefer)
Pick one wand - you get to draw it as free action and activate it automatically (no UMD) - my advice, take some priestly or druidic magic (magic vestment, prayer or some such)
Buy spring wrist sheaths - put wands in each (or one wand and one potion)
Remember that your spell list is wizard/sorc so no UMD for those wands, but you still need it for divine or class only spells
Finally, favorite class bonus means you have one cantrip known extra - and you can use it 8 times a day (if you take it)
Alternative - replace surprise strike with major magic and take class bonus on that (first level wizard spell X times a day) <-- this will probably give more damage than single sneak attack in surprise round if you take damage spell.

Consider bookish rogue feat at some point in the future

Your first round should preferably be surprise round: hit the opponent with sneak attack, use debilitating strike to lower the AC, use swift mythic to repeat the attack hitting this lower AC and bypassing DR

[sblock=Banaq - Elf Rogue Eldritch Scoundrel/ L6 - Trickster T1]
Banaq [means roughly 'Can't Get Right']
Elf, N/G, Favored Class – Rogue

15,000 XP [fast]

[sblock=Ability Point Buy, 20 pts]
S10 (0pts)
D15 (7pts)+2+1 L4=18
C14 (5pts)-2=12
I14 (5 pts)+2=16
W13 (3 pts)
C10 (0 pts)
[/sblock]

Final Ability Scores:
S10 +0
D18 +4 – Initiative: +4+2[trait]=+6
C12 +1
I16 +3 Languages: Elvish, Common, Draconic, Celestial, Abyssal
W13 +1
C10 +0

Traits:
1. Riftwarden Orphan [Campaign Trait] +2 on Concentration checks
2. Resilient [+1 on Fort saves]
3. Reactionary [+2 on Initiative]

BAB: +4

AC: 16 [10+4(dex)+2(BondedAmulet)], 20 w/ mage armor, 24 w/ MA+Shield
HP: 42 [8+1]+[5+1]+[5+1]+[5+1]+[5+1]+[5+1]+[5+1] = 8 + 5x6 + 4

SAVES:
Fort +4 = +2 +1 +1
Ref: +9 = +5 +4
Will:+3 = +2 +1
+2 to save vs. Enchantment effects
Immune to magical sleep effects
+2 Caster level checks to overcome magic resis.
+2 on saves vs. insanity, confusion, charm (stacks with racial bonus), or possession

Class skills
Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft(Int) Stealth (Dex), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Dex)

SKILLS 4+3=7 pts /Level, 42 @ L6
Disable Device (Dex) 6 +4 +3 = 13 (+3 vs magical traps)
Knowledge (Arcana) 6 ranks +3 Int +3 CS = +12
Knowledge (Planes) 3 rank + 3 Int = +6
Knowledge (Religion) 3 ranks +3 Int = +6
Perception 6 ranks +2 racial +1 Wis +3CS = +12 (+3 vs magical traps and rolls automatically if within 10' of magical trap)
Spellcraft 6 ranks +3 Int +3 CS =+12 [+2 racial bonus to id prop of magic items=+14 total]
Stealth 6 ranks +4 Dex +3CS = 13
Use Magic Device 6 ranks +4 Dex +3 CS = +13

Background skills:
Sleight of hand 2 +4 +3 = +9
History 5 +3 = +8
Geography 5+3 = +8

Weapon Proficiencies (mostly racial)
Longbow
Composite Longbow
Longsword
Rapier
Shortbow
Composite Shortbow
Sap
Whip
All Simple Weapons

CLASS ABILITIES
Finesse Training
Sneak Attack +1d6
Evasion
Rogue talent:
- Surprise Attack (opponents in surprise round always flat-footed, add 1/2 level to sneak damage)
- Minor Magic (alternately, choose Weapon training (weapon focus feat) )
- (take Major Magic next)

Debilitating Injury (Ex): At 4th level, whenever a rogue deals sneak attack damage to a foe, she can also debilitate the target of her attack, causing it to take a penalty for 1 round (this is in addition to any penalty caused by a rogue talent or other special ability). The rogue can choose to apply any one of the following penalties when the damage is dealt.
Bewildered: The target becomes bewildered, taking a –2 penalty to AC. The target takes an additional –2 penalty to AC against all attacks made by the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty to AC against attacks made by the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).
Disoriented: The target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty on attack rolls made against the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).
Hampered: All of the target's speeds are reduced by half (to a minimum of 5 feet). In addition, the target cannot take a 5-foot step.

FEATS
Weapon Finesse (elven blade) - DEX to damage
Arcane Strike [swift action for +1 to all wpn dam/5 caster lvls (+2@L6) and wpns considered magical]
Point Blank Shot [+1 att & dam if target w/in 30 feet]
Weapon focus, Composite Longbow [for his M/W, mighty weapon: Att=+4[BAB]+4[DEX]+1[WF]+1M/W=+10,+11 if targ <30ft, Dam=1d8+2, +3<30ft]

Rogue Talent: Surprise Attack, one more

MYTHIC
Feat: Mythic Arcane Strike
Hard to Kill
Mythic Power per day = 5 [expended: 3 ]
Surge +1d6 to roll just made [cost: 1 use of mythic power]
Mythic HP: 4
T1 Trickster Attack: surprise strike [swift + mythic power = attack 1 opponent within 30' flat-footed. Attack bypasses DR]
T1 Path Ability: Enhance Magic Item (+1 on all CL of potions, scrolls, staves and wands)
potential alternates: Control the Mindless, Transfer Magic (requires touch)

SPELLS
like magus (you get only 5 cantrip at 6th so you have to remove some)
slots 4 1st and 3 2nd level spells (+ Int bonus)
L0, DC 14
Dancing Lights - 0
Detect Magic – 0
Light - 0
Mending - 0
Message - 0
Mage Hand – 0
Read Magic - 0

L1, DC 15
Burning Hands – 1 [15 ft. cone a/e, 5d4 damage, Ref save halves]
Mage Armor – 1 [Conj., +4 armor bonus to AC, d. 1hr/level]
Magic Missile – 1 [3 missiles @ L6, 1d4+1 each]
Shield - 1 [Abj. +4 AC bonus, blocks magic missiles, stacks with mage armor, d. 1min/level]

L2, DC 16
Mirror Image - 2
Summon Monster II – 2
Invisibility [bloodline spell, 5th] – 2 [d. 1 min./level]

PP
GP 975
SP 143
CP 42

EQUIPMENT
Sorcerer's Bonded Item (Amulet – see above) [4,000gp]
Headband of Alluring Charisma, +2 [4,000 gp]
Ring of Feather Falling [2,200gp]
Mighty [+1 Str] Composite Longbow +1 [2,500 gp., Att +7, +8<30Ft, Dam 1d8+2(+3<30Ft)]
Quiver, 40 [39] cold iron arrows [4 gp]
Masterwork Cold Iron Dagger [+1 attack only] [317 gp, Att +3BAB+1Str+1MW=+5, Dam 1d4+1Str +2Feat=1d4+3]
Masterwork Cold Iron Longsword [+1 attack only] [330 gp, Att.+3BAB+1Str+1MW=+5, Dam 1d8+1 Str +2 Feat=1d8+3]
Wand of Shield (150gp)
Wand of Magic Missile [10 charges, CL 5, 3 missiles per charge][750 gp]
Potion, Cure Lt. Wnds x8 -1 used (CL 1, 1d8+1 hp cured) [clear pink liquid][@50gp ea, 400gp]
Potion, Cure Mod Wnds x2 (CL 3, 2d8+3 hp cured) [effervescent brownish liquid][@300gp ea, 600gp]

Extra Gear for Expedition:
2 mules
1 lt. horse, combat trained
riding saddle & tack + 2 pack saddles
Saddlebags
8 waterskins
8 weeks' rations
8 weeks' grain for animals
300 feet of hemp rope
150 feet silk rope
Large Tent (paid 3 X book price)
20 large sacks
quiver of cold iron arrows [40]
Masterwork longsword
Total for extra gear=575 gp, 2 sp, 8 cp [already deducted from funds]

History: Banaq is not your typical Elf. His name means, essentially, 'Can't Get Right' in Elvish. Orphaned as an infant in an attack by orcs, Banaq was given his name by other Elves who found him, and then he was adopted by the Human ambassador to his village who was one of very few survivors of the attack. His adoptive father instilled in Banaq a great appreciation for social interaction as well as Elvish art, literature, culture, and language. He was raised in a home where Elvish was spoken almost exclusively, so he considers it his native tongue even though he was taught it by Humans instead of Elves. Banaq's study of Elvish culture sparked his great interest in magic, but he did not have the overwhelming intellectual aptitude that he would have wished in order for him to pursue wizardly studies. He made do by apprenticing himself to a Half-Elf Sorcerer. He did receive the usual Elvish instruction in swordplay, however. Banaq once fell under the Fear effect of a Dretch demon that he was battling just after the Worldwound opened. He suffered the fear only briefly before Sir Sheldon DeBir, his Paladin ally, rallied him back into the fight. Banaq, upset over his slip, smote the Dretch down with one mighty blow.

MEDALS AWARDED FOR GALLANTRY IN WAR AGAINST THE WORLDWOUND:
Awarded the Righteous Medal of Clarity for gathering intelligence about the Worldwound and delivering it to the Crusaders. [+2 sacred bonus on saves vs. insanity or confusion effects.]
Awarded the Righteous Medal of Spirit after feeling the Fear effect of a Dretch demon before being rallied by Sir Sheldon DeBir, Paladin companion. [+2 sacred bonus vs. Charm and possession.]

[/sblock]

Description of Banaq:
Banaq looks quite youthful, as most elves do, but his shoulder-length hair is snow white, whether from mere genetics or a shock received in his formative years is a matter for speculation. The comfortably fitting elvish garb that he customarily wears is made from a light and supple, yet strong and warm fabric said to be woven from the webs of great spiders, or perhaps an even more exotic source. These garments are of a greenish-blue hue, with a coppery sheen visible in certain light. Banaq wears a tunic, leggings, and a cloak all made of this substance. He also customarily wears a veil or mask over the lower part of his face, as both a guard against unwanted familiarity and a sign of mourning for his family who are presumed lost.

attachment.php
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Well the plan was for after, but I guess the stakes have gone up with this latest arrival. Looks like you and Metavoid are ready. Why don't we say that your characters arrived at the army just after the party went up to check out the old shrine. You followed to report in and just followed the sound of the guns as it were. Feel free to post an entry and an action.

Well the plan was for after, but I guess the stakes have gone up with this latest arrival. Looks like you and Metavoid are ready. Why don't we say that your characters arrived at the army just after the party went up to check out the old shrine. You followed to report in and just followed the sound of the guns as it were. Feel free to post an entry and an action.

I still have to finish the list of scrolls and apparently change the end since I'm not a prisoner, but yes, I'm ready. We're at the stairs?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases