OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Use animal stats for balance reasons. Just description it as an elemental. Bite can be double handed sam with crystals in the hands (slashing), burrow is moving earth etc :)

Simple reskinning

Leif

Adventurer
I expect most of the archetypes recommended by others could be acceptable if you want to go that route.

If you really just want to play a druid with an earth focus and an earth elemental companion I'll offer you two simple options.

First pick a standard animal companion and add the Elemental Companion Archetype (Earth). I'd recommend an animal with a burrowing speed such as a badger or giant mole. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...emental-companion-animal-companion-archetype/

Or I'll actually let you just take a small earth elemental as a companion.

I like the small earth elemental as a companion option. That's actually what I was hoping for.

Last edited:

There is only one advancement of the animal companion at 4th or 7th level, but there is The Beast Speaker feat that allows you to take magical beasts (one of them is bullete, but could as easily be an elemental). In addition, there is Beast mastery feat that allows special enhancement of said animal companion at 11th level.

Since Scotley allowed you to take small earth elemental, you could maybe take it as medium at 7th (which would give it size enhancement, +4 STR +4 CON -2DEX - part of this is size change) and take the above feats for further enhancements? Taking another size increment to the companion in addition to its changes through druid levels seems...too much. You already get to enhance it with feats, ability increases, archetypes, tricks and AC bonuses.

My 2 cents...on the other hand, I'm not the DM here, so good luck :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thanks for your two cents. I'm not at all familiar with this progression.
It is in animal companion descriptions. They get size enhancement and extra str, CON or whatever... But not +8 to everything as you would get with 2 size increases. But if Scotley allows you to cast animal spells on it you could enlarge it, acid maw it or whatever

Or, you could take size extra, but not druidic enhancement of animal companion... Or everything as Scotley rules. After all, I got a kobold fighter :)

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley, just how tough is a small elemental, anyway? Will hit dice be set by size, or tied to my HD?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Scotley, just how tough is a medium elemental, anyway? I figure it's size M, so roughly man-sized, but will hit dice be set by size, or tied to my HD?

Use some of these stats http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...mental/elemental-earth/small-earth-elemental/

But they are superseded by the animal companion chart here
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions

Things like saves, hit dice and bab come from the second link and are based on your level.

Leif

Adventurer
I've done some reading about chargen and so forth, since I have little or no memory of my previous time in the game. I think I want to play a Druid named Devon Shield who quickly became disillusioned with the way that people and other creatures were misusing the natural world. He decided that he couldn't just stand idly by and so became a Ranger. When he attained mythic status, his call was to become a Guardian. Final Levels Druid 1, Ranger 5, Guardian T1.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases