D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
4 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

Even if you don’t like 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons — to which I say, “You, good sir, are crazy-pants” — the Player’s Handbook is a gorgeous piece of work that expertly pulls together the largest swath of playable stuff from editions past, presenting it in as comprehensive and well-curated form as we’ve yet seen. It’s certainly an effort that looks back to D&D’s past with rose-colored glasses, but it adds just enough new stuff and blows off plenty of chaff, creating a much more streamlined approach to the game than we’ve seen in recent editions. It provides more than just token support to the interaction and exploration “pillars of play,” rather than beefing up combat at their expense.

Rating: Content 4/5 and Form 5/5.

Read the full review on neuronphaser.com!

Onslaught

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

With 5e, D&D returns to form from using some of the best stuff from previous editions.
This tome comes with classic races (gnomes are back!), enough class options to keep playing for years and a streamlined system that is fast paced and makes for interesting and fun play. Finally I don't miss 3.5 anymore!

SparkyEE

First Post

The 5th edition D&D players handbook is an instant classic. Personally, this edition hits the balance between accessibility / ease of play and character optimization / customization. Its more than this book though, the D&D Adventure's League adventures that tie in with the hardcover adventure books bring a level of immersion. Its very cool to go to a convention (like TotalCon), and play in the same epic at the same time as 60 other RPGers, each with its own missions all striving for the larger community goal.. This book is your entryway to a whole lot of fun.

CheezyRamen

First Post

If you're interested in only PLAYING Dungeons and Dragons then this is all you need! Pick up a copy from your local game store and hang out to try and pick up a group! That or Roll20 or (-insert flavor of online playing that you prefer-)

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer

The edition that brought me back to D&D after ten years! Fantastic!
They managed to merge the original feeling of 2nd Edition with the precision of 3rd; to streamline the game, bringing back the preminence of Roleplay over Rollplay; to balance the casters mantaining Vancian Magic; they found a new, better-then-ever system to use Magical Items; did all of this in a very artistic, beautiful way; and most incredible aspect of all, managed to do this making all old material retrocompatible (I can play old BECMI or 3rd edition adventures, or use old settings, with almost no effort).
This is not a new edition, this is a miracle.

Jesse David

First Post

This book could definitely improve on organization (such as putting page numbers in the spell lists to name a blatantly obvious one), but it is nonetheless a book i am damn fond of. Once you grok the layout and where to find everything, character creation is really fun, and in my experience players just LOVE their 5e characters. Highly recommended.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases