Lone Wolf and Cub

Ysgarran

Anyone else been reading this?
The final comic (Volume 28) came out recently and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to give their thoughts about the series.

Now that I've finished I have to go out and find the movies that were made based on the story.

I also need to see 'Road to Perdition', this move was apparently inspired by Lone Wolf & Cub but I'm not sure if the inspiration come from the movies of the same name or if the producers actually knew of the comic book.

later,
Ysgarran.

Gumby

First Post
I just finished it the other day. Great read. Now I've really got to find all 28 of those little softcovers strewn around my apartment and put them in order to that I can read it start-to-finish.

Also, Road to Perdition was originally a graphic novel itself, so if it's influenced by LW&C, it was most likely the manga, rather than the movies, that influenced the graphic novel. LW&C is pretty well-known among comic artists worldwide.

Krug

Newshound
Ysgarran said:
Anyone else been reading this?
The final comic (Volume 28) came out recently and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to give their thoughts about the series.

Now that I've finished I have to go out and find the movies that were made based on the story.

I also need to see 'Road to Perdition', this move was apparently inspired by Lone Wolf & Cub but I'm not sure if the inspiration come from the movies of the same name or if the producers actually knew of the comic book.

later,
Ysgarran.

The Road to Perdition is a comic on its own and much better than the movie. They finally finished the series huh? 28 Volumes.. man is that a wallet drainer or what..

CrusaderX

First Post
I have the first three Dark Horse Lone Wolf & Cub books, but I never got around to reading them. Someday...

BTW, there's a great homage to LW&C in an episode of Cartoon Network's Samurai Jack. I got a big kick out of that. :)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'm on book 27. Can't wait to finish it! I also can't believe they persuaded me to spend $280 on the series. It is certainly worth it, but if the series came out as one big $280 book I would never have touched it. Gotta give Dark Horse credit!

I love this series, and would highly reccommend it to others. Simply amazing art, and amazing writing. And they look so keen on my bookshelf all next to each other!

Ysgarran

Mistwell said:
I'm on book 27. Can't wait to finish it! I also can't believe they persuaded me to spend $280 on the series. It is certainly worth it, but if the series came out as one big $280 book I would never have touched it. Gotta give Dark Horse credit!

I love this series, and would highly reccommend it to others. Simply amazing art, and amazing writing. And they look so keen on my bookshelf all next to each other!

I thought it was great for anyone who wanted to do a campaign based on that era of Japan. It is just full of little bits of japanese culture. One thing that was hard to get used to is that all of the stances for those wielding Katanas was reversed.

10$ once a month didn't seem to bad. It is a bit daunting for someone to start up the series late.

Ysgarran.

p.s.
I didn't know Road to Perdition was a comic on its own...who published it?

nHammer

First Post
I got about 5 or 6 volumes of it....and I love them all. I just wish I had the cash for all the other volumes.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The fact that people don't know Road to Perdition was a movie based on a comic book nearly drove him from comics for good. None of the comics press (other than a few web sites like comicbookresources.com) really covered the comic, despite MASSIVE coverage of things like Spiderman. Sales were also not so great on the comic, despite it being some of the best stuff out there. It infuriated the author, and he made a public statement about how disappointed he was over the lack of attention to the comic.

Remove ads