D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I think we need to concentrate on obtaining the information about who arrived yesterday around the same time we all did. We have written confirmation that the little diversion on the docks was to cover up the actual assassin arriving. The plot could unfold as soon as today so we must be quick about this. We could just go to the docks and request the manifests from the ships, unless Felix has another, easier, way.

We also have the Wind Swords to look into. How do we go about that? The library?"

Amisi sips at her tea. "And of course there is Dell Varner. We let some of his friends get away last night. We could find and question them, though they may not be forthcoming after our multiple incidents yesterday." The corner of the mage's mouth quirks up into a small smirk at her last words.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"I really appreciate all the help. We are going to need it. I do think all this is related to the work we have to do on the Deva ambassador's visit, so for now at least I can put my time toward investigations. I'll check in with the office and see if I can get the passenger manifest from yesterday. I wonder if the ship is still in port? We could check library here so I guess it is possible we could find something on the Wind Swords or the Blood Ravens. Why don't we start there and then maybe we can follow the Varner fellow and see who he's talking to and what he's up to. I think that might be more effective than trying to get him to talk."

OOC: [sblock]Are the passenger manifests on file somewhere Felix can check them?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

FafnirAvatar.jpg
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]
Castagyr frowned as the woman was gaffing him off rather unconvincingly. Immediately he was thinking imposter and a thief. He had spent significant time with Lady Sakai, so he felt he owed her.

He stepped forward after the woman, not saying a word to stop her from turning away. He shifted the grip on the lance in his had to lead with the butt end.

He jabbed the blunt end towards the back of the imposter’s head trying to knock her out.

“I do not know who you are woman, but you are not Lady Sakai. Therefore you are also a thief.”

Castagyr's lance (non-lethal) (23,6)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Veer suddenly seems to realise that Felix said something to him, and looks around, slightly panicked.

"Oh, ah, apparently he owes the Tiefling Ambassador some money," he says. "He, er, if you think he's part of this plot to kill ambassadors, maybe it was a chance to get close to him or something? We should, we should probably keep an eye on him." He shrugs. "I'm not really cut out for shadowing people, but I can help out with library research to free up others to follow Varner. If you'll let me."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Veer suddenly seems to realise that Felix said something to him, and looks around, slightly panicked.

"Oh, ah, apparently he owes the Tiefling Ambassador some money," he says. "He, er, if you think he's part of this plot to kill ambassadors, maybe it was a chance to get close to him or something? We should, we should probably keep an eye on him." He shrugs. "I'm not really cut out for shadowing people, but I can help out with library research to free up others to follow Varner. If you'll let me."

Markus has the sligtes of smiles as a thought enters his mind, that one needs to get out more often, apply some the library knowledge he has into useable practice. though the smile persists, he does not share it. He gazes at Veer to determine what his capabilities are.

Remove ads