D&D 5E Please Support Eberron!

Hellcow

Adventurer
For anyone who doesn't know me: Hi! I'm Keith Baker, the creator of the Eberron campaign setting. I've been doing what I can to push for new official support for the setting in the future, and in the meantime I've been providing unofficial support on my website. But the fact of the matter is that I don't know how much interest there really is in continued support for Eberron. So if you want to see more Eberron, I need your help.

I'm currently involved in two different charity RPG projects. On October 25th I'm participating in Extra Life as part of the D&D team, and on November 2nd I'm creating and running an Eberron adventure for ChariD20. My request is simple: if you want to see more Eberron, please donate one dollar to one of these causes. If you can donate more, please do; they are both good causes (childrens' hospitals and child literacy), and if you donate $10 to ChariD20 you'll get a copy of the adventure I'm making. But more than anything I am asking the people who want to see more Eberron to stand up and be counted. So if you can, please donate $1 to one of these causes - and share these links with anyone you know who would like to see more Eberron. Thank you!

Donate to Extra Life

Donate to ChariD20

SigmaOne

First Post
Best of luck. I've never played Eberron, but it's clearly had a lasting impact on D&D and thus the hobby. I'd love to pay money for a shiny 5e Eberron book.

Godspeed!

Edit: P.S. I donated $5, because even though 5 isn't enough, 1 really isn't. Hope I can still be counted.

jrowland

First Post
remember, even a $1 donation is a person Keith can point to and say "look at all these people! Lets publish this bad boy in 5E"

So $1 is enough to support Eberron...

But more is better to support the charities

Mercule

Adventurer
Following links, right now.

As for interest, I can speak only for myself. I'm a 30+ year veteran of D&D. After the first year or so, almost all that time has been behind the screen. And, other than a couple of vague hand-waves, early on, I've almost exclusively built my own settings. I've bought a number of published settings, though, to happily loot. There have been a couple (Greyhawk, Ravenloft) that have provided significant inspiration and a couple (Dragonlance, Dark Sun) that were intriguing and great fun to read about.

Eberron is the only time I've looked at a fantasy setting created by another person and wanted to just use it. Normally, I grab some of the best ideas and think "this would be better if..." and pull it in and twist it. All the best elements in Eberron work best because they're in Eberron -- and they're great elements. After playing 5E for a couple months, I took almost all of my 3E/3.5E books to a used book store. Looking at my bookshelf, I kept three. All of them are Eberron source books.

I couldn't give a rat's tail about the Realms; my money is down for Eberron the day the preorder is posted, especially if your name is at the top of the authors' list.

Hellcow

Adventurer
Thanks everyone! And I'm certainly not trying to tell anyone what to do. For me this is simply an opportunity to actually a real idea of how many people really are interested in seeing new Eberron material. So I'm just asking you to vote with your dollar... just to give that dollar to charity.

Thanks again for your time and support!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases