Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
vycNU4l.jpg

Tonight’s creation was a garlic sausage sandwich with sautéed onions and radish sprouts on toasted rosemary olive oil bread. Condiments were simple, just mayo and yellow mustard.

Sides were moondrop grapes, carrots, Comte cheese, and pitted castelvetrano olives.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Went to the Farmers’ Market again. The guy selling microgreens had sunflower and onion sprouts today, os I grabbed some of those in addition to my usual broccoli and radish spouts.

Onion spouts are my favorite microgreen, but they’re VERY hard to find, I sometimes go a year without seeing them in stores. So I don’t mind voting with my $$$ to encourage this guy to bring more to market.

The sunflower sprouts were a bit of a revelation, having a nutty flavor along with the herbal.

And when I got home, I put those two on a sandwich with radish sprouts...very good. They paired well with the shaved eye of round and onion chees, Mayo, brown mustard and onion roll. The greens combo was good enough I may try using them to make a purée or aioli of some kind.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Similar to the immediately precedent post:
wVbkI6E.jpg

Roasted garlic bread
+ butter
+ Boursin cheese
+ Onion sprouts
+ Radish sprouts
+ Yellow mustard
+ Shaved eye of round roast beef

Awesome Sandwich

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I'm late to this thread, but last night I had:

Brioche bun
Medium-rare burger
2 strips of crispy bacon
Red onion
Sriracha (on both sides)
Crunchy peanut butter (on both sides)

It was the best burger I've had in recent memory.
I don't dig on swine, but peanut butter on a burger? That sounds interesting.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Something I do sometime is take the hard crisp bread, then butter, lots of grated cheese, then finely chopped red onions on top, and coarsely grounded black pepper.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something I do sometime is take the hard crisp bread, then butter, lots of grated cheese, then finely chopped red onions on top, and coarsely grounded black pepper.

Cold or hot? I mean, is the bread toasted? The cheese melted?

Oh yeah...what kind of cheese?

Ulfgeir

Hero
@Dannyalcatraz It is of course served cold. The cheese was a type called "prästost". A rather mild cheese, that according to legend got its name from the kind of cheese that was given by the farmers to the priest as a tithe (taxation), in ye olden days.

Link to article about the crispbread.
Link to article about the cheese.

Remove ads