It's A NUMENERA Kinda Week!

There have been various bits and pieces about Monte Cook Games' Cypher System (and its games, Numenera and The Strange) over the last week. I've saved them up so that I could put them in a new post of their own - Cypher system reviews, The Strange Bestiary, Shotguns & Sorcery, and a Numenera Boxed Set!

There have been various bits and pieces about Monte Cook Games' Cypher System (and its games, Numenera and The Strange) over the last week. I've saved them up so that I could put them in a new post of their own - Cypher system reviews, The Strange Bestiary, Shotguns & Sorcery, and a Numenera Boxed Set!

• First of all, remember you can now quickly rate and comment on both Numenera and The Strange! The former is currently trending at a whopping 92.5% and has qualified as a Critical Hit, while The Strange has an even higher rating of 93%, but needs a few more reviews to be certified (the requirement is 10 ratings).
  • I mentioned this a few days ago, but the game engine - The Cypher System - which powers both games will be released as a rulebook of its own next year. It's being marketed as a toolkit for you to make your own game rather than a game line of its own, and fills the role of a rule-lite multi-genre ruleset.
  • The Strange Bestiary has a preview released (you can pre-order the book), and contains over 150 new monsters by. "Monument spiders, data sentinels, octopus sapiens, extereons, blobs, kaiju, and killer robots are just the beginning..."
  • Shotguns & Sorcery is a Kickstarter for a Cypher-System-powered version of Matt Forbeck's Shotguns & Sorcery book series. "Shotguns & Sorcery is set in Dragon City, a grim and gritty fantasy metropolis built on top of and inside of a walled-off mountain and ruled over by the Dragon Emperor. Legions of zombies scratch at the cut stones of the Great Circle every hour of the night, trying to tear the wall down for their mysterious necromantic commander, the Ruler of the Dead."
  • A new Kickstarter has launched for a Numenera Boxed Set. I've pictured it below - it looks gorgeous. It contains multiple books, an adventure book, handouts, and character sheets.

19488f8b1a1c6b18151d8d04e15f3e76_large.jpg

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads