The Flash "Power Outage" (SPOILERS)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
While we don't know who he is for sure, it's pretty clear now that Harrison wells is from/connected to the future. That newspaper headline from April 25, 2024 gave it away...

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
We saw a newspaper headline like that in the pilot. What was really cool is that the computer that gave it to hi shows different futures as things in the present change. It's possible he is not from the future he just has a device that allows him to see what will happen.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It was an interesting episode, definitely better than last weeks bully outing, so it was a bit sad to see him blasted this week:(

I thought the montage of Barry enjoying his powers too much were fun and harken to the goofier aspects of the comics character - have similar scense appeared in other media?.

The split plots and two villains was a good approach and the writers gave just enough balance to allow the various characters to stand out without getting crowded. Exactly why they chose the clock king I'm not sure but he was well used once the st up happened. Again Joe proved his acting cred and at least Iris got to help herself and get over her Flash obsession. (the apology at the end was dumb)

The real star of course was Harrison Wells we got to see much more of his character and got a whole lot more questions.
My biggest question though is who is Gideon? Even more important than the Headlines themselves is that we now have an AI who can run searches on future information as the timelines change - Wells isn't just a time traveller he's a future information broker, who is running an ongoing analysis of Barry to ensure the future Crisis happens. I was reminded of Booster Gold and also the internet speculation about Metron - which also ties in to Gideon.

The loss of powers thing is a standard supers trope although I was surprised it was brought out early in the series. The resolution of it as a 'psychological' rather than physical thing was too cliche but at least they worked it in to kick his powers up to the next level and show us the future utility of the Treadmill. Again wells extracting some Blackout juice to try and discover how he drained Barrys powers was sinister and made one wonder if it was inorder to steal said powers or to protect him.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Caitlin was wanting to kiss Barry?

Do you think the various victims of the explosion that Wells named are going to make an appearance in the show?..

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The real star of course was Harrison Wells we got to see much more of his character and got a whole lot more questions.
My biggest question though is who is Gideon? Even more important than the Headlines themselves is that we now have an AI who can run searches on future information as the timelines change - Wells isn't just a time traveller he's a future information broker, who is running an ongoing analysis of Barry to ensure the future Crisis happens. I was reminded of Booster Gold and also the internet speculation about Metron - which also ties in to Gideon.
There's this...

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/26/the-flash-is-harrison-wells-a-new-god-/

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The loss of powers thing is a standard supers trope although I was surprised it was brought out early in the series. The resolution of it as a 'psychological' rather than physical thing was too cliche but at least they worked it in to kick his powers up to the next level and show us the future utility of the Treadmill. Again wells extracting some Blackout juice to try and discover how he drained Barrys powers was sinister and made one wonder if it was inorder to steal said powers or to protect him.

Well, the speculation was high that Wells was The Reverse Flash, the latest incarnation of which was that he was a total crazy person who wanted The Flash to be a better hero. He thought the way to be a better hero is to have terrible, terrible things happen to you and test you all the time, so he'd pop in and make his life a living hell. Sometimes Wells acts like he wants to do this, and sometimes not. The implication in the episode is that he's going to need Barry to save the world (as he does in the comics) during the Crisis on Infinite Earths (the red skies thing mentioned in the paper). For him to get to that level, he'll need to be put through the wringer. But... uncertain about that, now.

Do you think the various victims of the explosion that Wells named are going to make an appearance in the show?..

I hope so!
That list of people:
Bea DeCosta is the superheroine Fire
Al Rothstein is the superhero Atom Smasher
Grant Emerson is the superhero Damage
Ralph Dibney is the superhero The Elongated Man
Will Everett is the superhero Amazing Man

MarkB

Legend
Again wells extracting some Blackout juice to try and discover how he drained Barrys powers was sinister and made one wonder if it was inorder to steal said powers or to protect him.

Yeah, I don't think it's any coincidence that the Accelerator is built to be able to stash metahumans, and I'm pretty sure Wells isn't collecting a stable of supervillains purely to keep them from hurting the public - he's treating them as a resource.

Still, I thought the creepier line was his log entry stating that the key to unlocking Barry's power was how much he cared about other people. He practically came right out and said "Yeah, I'm totally going to threaten Barry's friends in order to make him stronger."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I wonder . . .[major speculation here . . .] what if the supercollider was supposed t fail to give Harrison wells his link to the future for his computer to have as a database?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases