Terminator: Genisys (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Ok. The synopsis made me think it was going to be terribad, but the trailer impressed me. Maybe it will be good after all.

[video=youtube;62E4FJTwSuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc#t=11[/video]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
yes much better than I was expecting, especially with Arnie showing up.

Even the trailer contained enough homage to the original along with a whole new spin to make it a fun ride

the actress playing Sarah looks enough like a young Linda Hamilton too and a much better option than the Young John of the previous movie.

At around 39 seconds they really make Emily Clark look like Linda Hamilton. And again at 1:14.

Trailers always deceive, but whatever - I want to see it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it looks terrible. I hope it's good; I love T1 and T2. Arnie looks so old though; I know they came up with an in-universe explanation why, but I wonder if that will take me out of the movie.

MarkB

Legend
I think it looks terrible. I hope it's good; I love T1 and T2. Arnie looks so old though; I know they came up with an in-universe explanation why, but I wonder if that will take me out of the movie.

From what I gathered from the trailer, in order for Sarah Connor to be that future-savvy by the time Kyle was sent back, she must have had her first contact with a Terminator years before that point. I'm guessing the older-looking Schwarzenator was sent back to protect and mentor her when she was much younger, and that he's allowed his external appearance to age naturally since that point in order to blend in as a human.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post as "I hope they came up with an explanation". :blush:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
From what I gathered from the trailer, in order for Sarah Connor to be that future-savvy by the time Kyle was sent back, she must have had her first contact with a Terminator years before that point. I'm guessing the older-looking Schwarzenator was sent back to protect and mentor her when she was much younger, and that he's allowed his external appearance to age naturally since that point in order to blend in as a human.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post as "I hope they came up with an explanation". :blush:

yeah apparently Cameron pointed out that the Terminators flesh is organic and thus ages naturally.
The viewing audience has become use to 'synthetic' droids being immortal so old T800 may be jarring to some, but it is a reasonable premise in-universe.

my bg thing is what has old T800 been doing for the past few years, has he been there since Sarahs birth?
Was he a Russian cop, an ex-commando in south america or a Hollywood action hero?

Remove ads