The 3.5 Revised Ranger

Kai Lord

Hero
So...now that its been confirmed that the Ranger has been revised...do you think they'll do away with the TWF "pigeon hole" and possibly cater to a more archery related wilderness warrior?

:D

Last edited:

Kai Lord said:
So...now that its been confirmed that the Ranger has been revised...do you think they'll do away with the TWF "pigeon hole" and possibly cater to a more archery related wilderness warrior?

yes --- maybe.

joe b.

Mercule

Adventurer
Kai Lord said:

Hopefully, they'll give it bonus feats so you can choose.

If not, then I'd rather see the archer. At least I can see how that relates to being a wilderness warrior.

rounser

First Post
It would seem to make sense that they'd retain the TWF stuff as an option for the Ranger so that backwards compatibility remains intact...

darkbard

Legend
i wouldn't be at all surprised [in fact i'd be surprised if they didn't] handle it in a fashion similar to fighters: rangers get bonus feats and must choose from a limited listing which will include archery and two-weapon fighting feats [as well as alertness and similar stealth-oriented feats].

Kesh

First Post
I personally expect them to use the version of TWF from d20 Modern, and then a bonus feats system similar in frequency to that of a PsiWar.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
My prediction (or at least, my hope) is the d20 Modern version of Two-Weapon Fighting, gained as a bonus feat at level 2.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I've heard that the 3.5 ranger does exactly what you would expect -- at around 2nd level you choose which "virtual" feat chain you want to be dedicated to (two-weapon fighting or archery) and you get a smattering of "virtual" feats from this chain as you go up in levels.

Remember, it's only a rumor!

Last edited:

Apok

First Post
EricNoah said:
I've heard that the 3.5 ranger does exactly what you would expect -- at around 2nd level you choose which "virtual" feat chain you want to be dedicated to (two-weapon fighting or archery) and you get a smattering of "virtual" feats from this chain as you go up in levels.

Remember, it's only a rumor!

It feels right, though. Granted, it's a pretty conservative change, but that's what I think they are going for. If we end up seeing a completely rethought Ranger class I will be both shocked and delighted.

Of course, my big question is will they be giving the Ranger any special abilities that actually have to do with being a BMF in the Wilderness? Probably not, since that would mean the mechanics would actually support the flavor of the class, and we can't have that, now can we? :D

Remove ads