WotC's Chris Perkins Talks Realms & Sundering

Den of Geek has a lengthy interview with Chris Perkins about the Forgotten Realms and The Sundering. He also very briefly touches on other settings, indicating that WotC hopes that other worlds will be covered in the future if the right story comes along. On past controversial changes to settings, he says "Our guiding principle is to embrace the past and not pass judgment or rewrite history...

Den of Geek has a lengthy interview with Chris Perkins about the Forgotten Realms and The Sundering. He also very briefly touches on other settings, indicating that WotC hopes that other worlds will be covered in the future if the right story comes along. On past controversial changes to settings, he says "Our guiding principle is to embrace the past and not pass judgment or rewrite history. We’d rather let the fans tell us what they like about the Realms and focus on those elements going forward." (thanks to MerricB for the scoop!)

Iosue

Legend
Morrus, is there a reason you haven't been providing links to the actual article? The link in the post above just goes to another page with the same content as the above post, and no link to the actual article. Since clicking the link doesn't get me any new information, and I still have to go and find the article myself, I kinda feel like it's wasting my time.

It's your place, so your rules. I'm just wondering if there's a method to this madness.

It might have been edited in the last couple minutes, but the link "lengthy interview" does link to the website and the full interview.

ETA: Never mind. (Feel free to delete this.) :)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
One hint out of this: Don't expect anything for Dragonlance anytime soon.

Given that the Realms is the focus for high fantasy, it might make sense to do Darksun or Eberon sooner. Of course, Greyhawk and DL remain popular.

We’ll visit Krynn again when the stars align and we have the perfect Dragonlance story to tell.

Lol... they've just released an adventure path about an evil five-headed dragon queen trying to unleash havoc in the material plane, and somehow managed to conclude that the best place to set it would be a world where the lore about Tiamat defined it as one of those obscure deities of the Untheric pantheon.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
This dude -- and I say this with the utmost respect for a talent that is not an easy skill to master -- this dude is /so good/ at talking at length and leaving his audience with a positive impression, while saying absolutely nothing of consequence. He is without a doubt the right man in the right job at the right time for D&D. Chris Perkins, I salute you.

Also, yes, totally agreed about that "perfect Dragonlance story" comment. "LOL" does not begin to cover it.

Zaran

Adventurer
Yeah this interview didn't say anything new. I'm so tired of hearing "We can't talk about anything we are working on or planning right now"

Remove ads

Remove ads