Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

Systole

First Post
A medium length adventure for Living Pathfinder, designed for four or five characters of 6-7th level.

GM: Systole
Judge: Mowgli

Heroes:

<None Yet!>

[sblock=Adventure Rules]
  • I will make initiative rolls, saving throws, and perception checks if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will make their own rolls on Invisible Castle, Coyote Code, or a similar website that tracks the dice. I will use my own dice or an on-line random number generator.

• Combat maps will use the tracker on Ditzie.com. Please send me a message if you're not familiar with it.

• Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to me. I understand that life happens, but please try to post 2-3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game will be removed at my discretion. Note: I will not be available from Friday evening to Sunday evening most weekends during the summer.

• All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for a token on the tactical grids.

• A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every combat post at a minimum, but doing it in every post is preferable. Posting your character's headshot in each IC post is also helpful, but not required. And please use third person, present tense.

• Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.
[/sblock][sblock=Example IC Post & Mini Stats]
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas mutters something rude and dwarvish under his breath. "Go on or don't, as you will, an' I'll keep me trap shut around the captain ... for now."

[sblock=OOC]I'd prefer to head into town directly.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 77/77
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+9, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +15
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
chantilly-creme-loise-L-11.jpeg

The Grand Stable of Venza is an impressive collection of buildings that houses an even more impressive collection of mounts. Commander Jacobson is as good as her word, and you are given your choice of riding animals, albeit with a firm admonition from Jacus to return them intact and make sure they're properly rubbed down at night. He also tries to usher you out the eastern gate of the stables, but the nature of that particular practical joke has made the rounds of the Dunn Wright Inn, and you wisely choose to head out the western exit of the stables and then circle around to Venza's eastern gate.

GM: When you're ready, post your exit from the stables and gathering at the eastern gate of the city. No rush, since it's the holidays.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia already had her own horse that was war-trained and was not interested in borrowing an unknown horse from the Whitecloaks. She gathered her gear and mount, meeting the others at the stable. She had already cast her protective spell on herself and Mazi for the day.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk arrives at the stables with his own rather large horse. It is not war trained but they have traveled together before and the horse is large enough to carry his weight and has a spirited disposition that the barbarian likes. Someday he will get the horse trained and then it will be a formidable ally in battle for sure.

"Ah Privinia, I see we are ready for the road. Samad should be along shortly, and the others from the Inn. The missing cheese seems to be a big problem here in the city. It does not make sense to me, to hire us for cheese. I would just eat something else. The human culture is still a bit confusing to me at times. I am happy to investigate and enjoy the road with friends no less."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

riding heavy horse

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad returned from a stall he had rented, leading his own horse behind him.

"A few mere days later and I'm heading out the same way I came in. So, where are we off to, the dairy? I've been thinking about it, but I still can't seem to comprehend who would do something to a simple cheesemaker."
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +11, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago emerges from the stable, seeming ill at ease as he leads a chestnut brown mare over to the others. He is clearly unused to horses.

"We can check the depot on the way over," he suggests. "Perhaps someone there can tell us more about the dairy before we go to it. But forgive me," he adds. "Iago of Venza, at your service." He offers a polite bow.

The half-orc is draped with his adventuring gear, a mixture of alchemical equipment and weaponry that seems to overflow the pockets of his heavy overcoat and pack. His carefully cultured tones belie a brutish appearance.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 42 Current: 42
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;
PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*
Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The last to arrive is Ru Brike, a lanky Rhat'mani dressed in leathers, and who looks only mildly uncomfortable on his horse.

The ride out of Venza is easy, and the weather is gentle. Along this thoroughfare, there is plenty of traffic both into and out of the great city. Over the course of a few hours, you overtake a few trade caravans, which are drawn by plodding dray horses and laden with goods from overseas. And more than once, you yourselves are overtaken by couriers who are no doubt carrying messages of great urgency to and from persons of great importance.

A few hours out of Venza, you turn south onto Sending Way, where the traffic lessens considerably. The caravans are smaller and less elaborate, and the couriers disappear altogether. In the heart of Venza's farmlands, apparently there is far less urgency and far fewer persons of importance. When the sun draws toward the horizon, you find one of the many roadside inns, and spend the night on linens that are rough but clean, and eat food that is simple but hearty. You set out early, and within a matter of hours you are at the Chester Cross depot.

The depot is small, low wooden structure next to a natural spring whose waters run clear and cold. It has been constructed so that the stream runs through the building itself -- presumably to keep the contents of the building cool. A wagon is parked next to the depot, and the pair of bridled horses graze the sweet green grass by the roadside. A crooked stencil on the side of the wagon reads:

NORTH SENDING FOOD'S & DILEVERRIE'S
Ernest Daggit, Owner
Lisinsed Teamster

The door of the depot is open and unlocked, and as you ride up, a man in homespun clothes and a woolen cap comes out of the door, blinking in the sun. He gives you a short wave of acknowledgement, then turns and begins locking the depot back up.

wagonner_150.jpg

. . . Ernest Daggit . . .

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Riding north again. Samad realized that he did not know much about the lands north of Venza, and wondered what he would find were he to keep riding north. He shook his head. No, such was a journey for another time. They had an important task to attend to.
-------
They came upon the depot at long last. The nomad regarded that man locking the building and wondered if he was the proprietor. Samad had made a concious effort to become more outgoing in the recently passed weeks, so he was the first to call out, "Excuse me sir, are you the owner? We have some urgent business we need to discuss, and we would be immeasurably grateful if you could spare a moment of your time."
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +11, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases