D&D 5E Why is Hoard of the Dragon Queen such a bad adventure?

So next year WotC can announce a 5-year Anniversary Edition with the editing mistakes fixed; and some sidebars - or an 'Upon Further Review' chapter - which address the problems (and suggestions) from these impromptu feedback threads ! :eek:

*checks date of post*

Ok, you're either a secret WotC employee or you have precongnition because this is exactly what just happened. HotDQ and RoT are being re-released, together, as a LE Tyranny of Dragons book with Hydro47 art, a revamped first chapter, and a bunch of editing and balancing.

As someone who DMed this near the beginning of the edition, and spent a lot of time reworking everything until the Caravan chapter, I'm very curious what the revamp will fix.

Do you know when this is coming out? I just bought the original two books and plan to start running the campaign in about a month (depends when we finish up with our current campaign).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So next year WotC can announce a 5-year Anniversary Edition with the editing mistakes fixed; and some sidebars - or an 'Upon Further Review' chapter - which address the problems (and suggestions) from these impromptu feedback threads ! :eek:

What Sorcery is this...

Lawful Evil you say? Surely this campaign is Chaotic Evil? But perhaps with some edits it now actually follows the encounter building rules... ;)

Ha! I never even considered that when typing it. Surely, you know I meant Limited Edition, though. ;) But yes, let's hope the edits actually make it a playable adventure for newer DMs. There's a lot of good stuff in both HotDQ and RoT, but it needs some serious cleanup as-is.

Remove ads