Equipment
Add dagger to attacks block
Add 2 daggers to ammunition
Use menu in equipment to automatically add new weapons only
Result is 3 daggers, not 2.

2nd bug:
Add the race tabaxi
Add the class rogue
Cat's Claws appears in the attacks section.
What's missing is the sneak attack damage note.
Thank you for reporting this 1st bug, I will fix it in the next version!

I see that the 2nd bug has been adequately addressed already. If you want the sheet to automatically select Dex for you and treat it as a sneak-attack weapon, just add "Finesse" to the description section, and the automation should do the rest with your next level-up (but I haven't tested this).

Suggestion: Player Reference: Light & Vision:

Add Tremorsense. There's a spell or two that gives that sense. Also, a druid could wildshape to a beast with that sense, or a spellcaster can polymorph into a creature with that sense.
This is a good idea, but I don't really see a way of fitting it in there... Telepathy is also not there while there are some features that grant that as well.

Suggestions/Requests (12.995 PF):

1. Don't show features with 0 use in "LIMITED FEATURES" box.
This probably only applies to "Spell Points".
I'm playing a Mystic character, and I've toggled the "Use Spell Points instead of Spell Slots" option on the spell page, because Wu Jen Mystic's Arcane Dabbler feature essentially converts Psi Points into Spell Points. But of course the mystic doesn't actually have any Spell Points, so it just takes up an ugly slot in the Limited Features box.
This is a good idea for spell points, and not so hard to implement. I don't know if it is such a good idea for other class features though, because some are correlated with ability scores and could be 0 when you temporarily change your ability score or for some other reason. So I rather have the sheet keep those in at 0 usages.

2. Companion portrait resize
Purely cosmetic: the horizontal rectangle of the Companion Sheet's Appearance box has always bothered me... It's okay for quadruped creatures without long necks, but for anything human-shaped, the image will fit the box very badly. It'd be great if the appearance box is closer to a square.
The restrained for that area is because of the companion sheet that is there when the box is not present. I simply didn't find any other way to put it there. If you want a more square companion appearance box, you can use the Colourful sheets :)

3. Spell Sheet readability
The majority of spells have no save, casting time of 1 action, with instantaneous duration. The spell sheet would be more readable if there's more contrast between common and uncommon properties.

The easiest way to do this is to simply omit all common properties (no "—", simply a blank). I've done this manually and it definitely helps, too bad it's so time-consuming.

Alternatively, common properties can be made to stand out less (e.g. with lighter font color or weight), or by making the uncommon properties be made to stand out more (e.g. with heavier font weight or background highlight).

This would be especially useful for users who generate complete spell lists instead of just chosen ones. Also very useful for Mystic characters, who have much more bonus action and reaction spells than other spellcasters.

Of course, ideally this would be an optional setting, so users who are happy with the way things are don't need to change.
I will consider changing the "—" to a blank line, but it has the effect of some lines being a lot harder to read because of so much white space, which was the reason I added them in the first place. Making it something that is manually adjustable is a good idea, I will look into that.

Having the uncommon things stand out with different colours is an idea, but that is not so easy to achieve. The problem here lies in the fact that I can add that as automatic formatting for the fields, but if I do that every change to the sheet will become even slower than it is now, because than the sheet will re-do this formatting for every single letter you type... (if only Acrobat was more efficient with this, but I have long since let go of that dream :p). Do note that I can only make all the text in a single field appear the same. It is very impracticable, with the Acrobat JavaScript API, to make just a single word bold for example.
The second problem with this is that there would have to be a list of either uncommon or common properties that don't get highlighted.

4. Bigger Actions box on first page
I've made this request before, and you've given me reasons why you wouldn't do it. But I think this has come into renewed relevance with the popularity of the latest iteration of the Mystic class. Mystic's heavy emphasis on bonus actions and reactions makes the Action box an indispensable tool, but the box's small size limits its usefulness. It'd be awesome to have more slots or columns in this box...

Perhaps one way to deal with this is to turn the 3 columns into 3 multi-line text boxes instead of single-line slots. This way the user can squeeze more lines into the box as needed -- at the cost of smaller font.
I don't really like adding more action boxes. The mystic and the monk are basically the only character classes that would get good use out of them, and for these outliers there is an overflow page and the option to use the Colourful sheets.

5. Minor correction for a spell:
Mystic > Psionic Discipline > Mastery of Air > Wind Step
There is no Time listed for this discipline. It should be "Move".
That is a better idea indeed! I had listed it as no casting time, because it is written as 'part of your move', but your way makes it more clear how the discipline works.

Hello! I found this thread (and indeed this forum) by searching for a character sheet for the Revised Ranger's Animal Companion. There's a link to a fan-made addition for this on page 58, but the link appears to be broken. Could anybody advise me on how to get it? Or has it been lost to time and the ether?
The character sheet already includes the Revised Ranger and automation for the Revised Ranger (i.e. Beast Conclave) animal companion. All you need to do is use the "Companion Options" button on the companion page to create your ranger's companion. If you just enter a race into the companion race field, the sheet has no way of knowing if you intended for that companion to be the ranger companion, or just some random animal, familiar, steed, henchman, or whatever.

Do note that you need to include the UA:RR source before you are able to use the Revised Ranger from Unearthed Arcana.

I am trying to add a lightning based version of fireball. I am not very good with coding stuff like this.
Here's what I came up with following the FAQ:

SpellsList["lightning burst"] = {
name : "Lightning Burst",
classes : ["sorcerer", "wizard"],
source : ["HB", 0],
ritual : false,
level : 3,
school : "Evoc",
time : "1 a",
range : "150 ft",
components : "V,S,M",
compMaterial : " A bit of fur and an amber, crystal, or glass rod",
duration : "Instantaneous",
description : "20-ft rad all crea 8d6+1d6/SL Lightning dmg; save halves; unattended flammable objects ignite",
descriptionFull : “A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of electricity. Each creature in a 20-foot radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one." + "\n " + "The lightning spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried." + AtHigherLevels + "When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd."
};

I get an error message. Where did I go wrong?
Your code looks pretty good, but you used a “ where you should have used a " for the descriptionFull attribute. This often happens when using a text-editing program like MS Word and not a code-editing program like Notepad++.

Fur the future, when you post code, it is better to include Code tags around it, like so:
Code:
[​CODE]
    description : "20-ft rad all crea 8d6+1d6/SL Lightning dmg; save halves; unattended flammable objects ignite", 
    descriptionFull : "A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of electricity. Each creature in a 20-foot radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one." + "\n   " + "The lightning spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried." + AtHigherLevels + "When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd."     
};
[​/CODE]
This way, things like tabs, linebreaks, and spaces get represented exactly as how you put it in.

Just noticed something by accident. Under equipment for the # column, you can put in a fraction (e.g. 0.1). It should be limited to whole numbers.
I don't think that is a bad thing and I don't want to change it. What about my half a ration that I still have left, or my half-empty waterskin, or the half-full bottle of whiskey?

Just spotted something else about Druid's wildshape. When choosing circle of the moon, the sheet correctly puts in Limited Features on page one they can choose up to CR 1 beasts. However, down in the Wildshape section of the sheet, it still says CR 1/4.

Also, a suggestion for wildshapes: In the dropdown box for making a selection, could you sort the possibilities by CR rating, then by alphabetizing? It'll make it easier to see which creatures are allowed for the druid to wildshape into without having to go to the Monster Manual every time.
Thank you for reporting this bug, but I'm not able to reproduce it.

Can you tell me how to get an empty, freshly download v12.995 of the sheet to do this?

Nod_Hero

Explorer
Your code looks pretty good, but you used a “ where you should have used a " for the descriptionFull attribute. This often happens when using a text-editing program like MS Word and not a code-editing program like Notepad++.

Fur the future, when you post code, it is better to include Code tags around it, like so:
Code:
[​CODE]
    descriptionFull : "A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of electricity. Each creature in a 20-foot radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one." + "\n   " + "The lightning spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried." + AtHigherLevels + "When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd."     
};
[​/CODE]
This way, things like tabs, linebreaks, and spaces get represented exactly as how you put it in.

Original post adjusted, and thank you for the quick response. Now to see if I can get the other spell I modified that has an attack roll onto the drop down for the first page, heh.

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
Click League first, then add race & background. Next add stats. After that add one level of druid and create spell sheet. Once spell sheet is created, up druid to 2nd level and choose circle of the moon. Go to wildshape page. It still reads CR 1/4. See attached. View attachment Druid.pdf

Remove ads