D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Slight quibble:
The Tiefling and Drow spells are daily, not long rest, recharge.
This is a important distinction if you don't have 1 long rest/day (either from missing one, playing with Gritty Realism, or the Heroics variant, for example).

Click League first, then add race & background. Next add stats. After that add one level of druid and create spell sheet. Once spell sheet is created, up druid to 2nd level and choose circle of the moon. Go to wildshape page. It still reads CR 1/4. See attached. View attachment 86167
Thank you for the explanation. I still had to try a lot of options, because there are many ways to level up the character now with the sheet. You can use the Class dialogue, which you can open several ways, and you can use the level field or class field. On top of that, there are also many ways of selecting the subclass, using the Class dialogue, entering it into the class field, or by using the pop-up with radio buttons. Turns out, it was the latter that was causing the issue in combination with using the level field (in combination with the class dialogue) to change the level.

But good news is that I found the bug and have implemented a fix for it. So thank you for that!

Nod_Hero

Explorer
Just wanted to leave another quick thanks for helping me with that coding issue.
I finally got it right and was even able to add it to the attacks drop down menu!

Saxon OfSaxony

First Post
I'm having a strange issue, and I couldn't find it while searching in this thread. I'm saving sheets and sending them to others to print, one player has all of their skill modifiers changed to "Nan" and another is seeing no kill modifiers or their weapon attacks.

Any help on this is appreciated, I'm blown away at how useful this sheet is, I just want to be able to send accurate sheets to my friends, I'm hoping it's just a stupid error on my part

Astromath

First Post
I'm having a strange issue, and I couldn't find it while searching in this thread. I'm saving sheets and sending them to others to print, one player has all of their skill modifiers changed to "Nan" and another is seeing no kill modifiers or their weapon attacks.

Any help on this is appreciated, I'm blown away at how useful this sheet is, I just want to be able to send accurate sheets to my friends, I'm hoping it's just a stupid error on my part

I think the first question to ask is do they have the most up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader? Otherwise, morepurple should now the answer.

I think Astromath has this one covered :)

Most of the time when people complain about the calculated values not showing up correctly is because they didn't open the sheet with the right software. Both issues sound like they are using something like Google Chrome or Preview for Mac to open the sheet.

The sheet only works with Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows or Mac OS (available for free: http://get.adobe.com/reader ).

The sheet doesn't work with any other software, including Adobe Acrobat for Android or iOS, or Adobe Acrobat when used inside a browser.

Also note that if you open the sheet in Preview on a Mac, it will be forever destroyed. Upon opening, Preview removes all the JavaScript and saves over the old file. So even if you open the sheet with the right software afterwards, it won't work.

wilcoxon

Explorer
Also note that if you open the sheet in Preview on a Mac, it will be forever destroyed. Upon opening, Preview removes all the JavaScript and saves over the old file. So even if you open the sheet with the right software afterwards, it won't work.

Wow. Really? Preview overwrites the file? That seems like a massive bug (completely unrelated to MPMB).

Saxon OfSaxony

First Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I had a talk with my one player and they had in fact opened it with Preview. I had them install reader DC, delete the sheets I sent and I sent new ones over and we're still getting the one issue of all of the skills having no values in them when they open the sheet on their end.

I'm fairly technologically challenged, so feel free to berate me for asking this, but is there any way to save the sheet so it can't be edited once it leaves me? Just so I save it when it looks good on my end and will look exactly the same when the person opens it on their end in an uneditable state?

Huge fan of the character sheets though, incredibly useful!

Remove ads