D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

g3l33m

First Post
Can't find a simple email addy for you anywhere so I'll ask here. What would you consider a fair payment for a lifetime subscription to your Character sheet with the understanding that I will give them to interested players I play with? (I love it and it makes my life easier) I usually just buy it again at the DMSGuild and pay $10 - $20 per order so I don't feel like I'm robbing you but would like a more mainstream way if possible. I would ASSUME the number I'd like to give to others is well under 50 people. Please advise.

thanks,

Greg

Astromath

First Post
Do note that anything in a drop-down box will also be visible when you select it. I don't think you want the armour to always be listed as "Plate (1500 gp)" on your sheet.
If that is the case, then how about a mouse over? I would also like to add to this suggestion the price of the weapons as well. There's been times I needed the price and I didn't have the PH with me. Or, alternatively, just add them to the equipment menu. That way we can add (buy) the weapons or armor without adding them to the sections on page one.

Suggestion for version 13 or 14: Have the ability to buy and sell the equipment and have the price automatically adjust the number of coins appropriately. The pop up would give the percentage if selling.

Suggestion for version 14 (this assumes you have added the magic items from the DMG): Have the cost to buy/sell magic items automatically adjust the coins.

I'm equating version 13 as near future (within 6 months), and version 14 as far future (6 months and beyond).

Can't find a simple email addy for you anywhere so I'll ask here. What would you consider a fair payment for a lifetime subscription to your Character sheet with the understanding that I will give them to interested players I play with? (I love it and it makes my life easier) I usually just buy it again at the DMSGuild and pay $10 - $20 per order so I don't feel like I'm robbing you but would like a more mainstream way if possible. I would ASSUME the number I'd like to give to others is well under 50 people. Please advise.

thanks,

Greg
Hello Greg,

Great to hear you make good use of the sheet and thank you very much for your generous donations. The sheet is 'pay what you want' on DMs Guild, which means that you could even pay zero, and many people do. So please don't hesitate to use the sheet as long as you want and give them to as many players as you want.

Note that once you have the sheet on DMs Guild, that you can get the latest version in your My Library section. You don't have to re-buy the sheets (but I definitely won't stop you if you do ;)).

If you really want to support my continued work and have a say in new additions to the sheet, and get direct access to the latest version, than maybe joining my Patreon is something for you?

Cheers,
Joost

And FYI, the email address you can reach me on is printed on the bottom of every page of the character sheet ;)

If that is the case, then how about a mouse over? I would also like to add to this suggestion the price of the weapons as well. There's been times I needed the price and I didn't have the PH with me. Or, alternatively, just add them to the equipment menu. That way we can add (buy) the weapons or armor without adding them to the sections on page one.

Suggestion for version 13 or 14: Have the ability to buy and sell the equipment and have the price automatically adjust the number of coins appropriately. The pop up would give the percentage if selling.

Suggestion for version 14 (this assumes you have added the magic items from the DMG): Have the cost to buy/sell magic items automatically adjust the coins.

I'm equating version 13 as near future (within 6 months), and version 14 as far future (6 months and beyond).
I agree that having the ability to see the gp value for weapons and armour is probably best done using the "Add Equipment" button.

Having the ability to 'buy' items is definitely on the short list of things that I would like to add to the sheet, but it is a challenging thing from a coding point of view.

Having the ability to 'sell' items, and especially magic items, is not something that is on the list yet. Those things are fairly difficult to implement.

Astromath

First Post
Just spotted something. A tabaxi has a climb speed of 20 ft. A 3rd level rogue/thief has climb speed equal to normal speed. A 3rd level tabaxi rogue/thief still has a climb speed of 20 ft. when it should be 30 ft.

wilcoxon

Explorer
I found an issue with Wild Shape. You can choose not to merge magic items into the form and wear them in animal form if practical. Given that magic items resize, a lot is practical. The issue is that there are no mod boxes on the Wild Shape page so, for instance, a Ring or Cloak of Protection can't factor into the AC. Would it be possible to include mod boxes on the Wild Shapes page?

Just spotted something. A tabaxi has a climb speed of 20 ft. A 3rd level rogue/thief has climb speed equal to normal speed. A 3rd level tabaxi rogue/thief still has a climb speed of 20 ft. when it should be 30 ft.
The Thief's climb speed is not automatically added for any character, so the Tabaxi is not any different ;)
The code for the PHB classes and subclasses is now suffering from the effect of being old. New features that I added in later haven't always been applied retroactively to older code, the climb speed here being one example.

I will add it in the next version :)

I found an issue with Wild Shape. You can choose not to merge magic items into the form and wear them in animal form if practical. Given that magic items resize, a lot is practical. The issue is that there are no mod boxes on the Wild Shape page so, for instance, a Ring or Cloak of Protection can't factor into the AC. Would it be possible to include mod boxes on the Wild Shapes page?
Having modifier boxes to modify the calculated values for Wild Shape is on the list of things that I want to add. For now you will just have to manually adjust the AC and whatnot, for they are not realtime calculated values and will only change when you change level or select the re-calculated option from the menu.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases