Movie News: Chris Pratt is wanted by Disney to Be Indy! All Girl cast for Ghostbusters Named

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
So, what do you think?

Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones?
Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring, and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading-man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...a-jones-revival/ar-AA8DS7l?ocid=ansdeadline11

Ghostbusters Reboot

The original 1984 film starred an all-male cast, but the upcoming remake of Ghostbusters will be helmed by four ladies.

Who these funny women will be has been widely - and wildly - speculated about for months but fans finally got a glimpse of the all-star cast on Tuesday.

Director Paul Feig revealed the faces of his reboot by tweeting a photo collage featuring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...slie-Jones-lead-Ghostbusters-girl-reboot.html

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If someone has to be Indy, he'll do I guess. I don't feel like I need more Indy.

More Ghostbusters, though - hell yeah! Totally excited about that! Maybe more so than Star Wars!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I could do with a good Indy story. I'm just not sure if Pratt can do it justice.

Ghostbusters, on the other hand, I don't have as much interest in. I like that they are going with an all-female cast, but the original movie worked due to a strong synergy of cast and script - they couldn't match it in a second. I have no particular reason to think they can match it in a third.

Anthony Terry

First Post
I could do with a good Indy story. I'm just not sure if Pratt can do it justice.

Ghostbusters, on the other hand, I don't have as much interest in. I like that they are going with an all-female cast, but the original movie worked due to a strong synergy of cast and script - they couldn't match it in a second. I have no particular reason to think they can match it in a third.

Yes 4 women would be marvellous, if it wasnt designed as a sequel to 1 and only involved 4 women due to the untimely death of 1 orginal cast member and the refusal of another. Theyve not even re written the script yet before anouncing this huge change of cast direction, so without sounding sexist so far i am beyond disgusted at the idea of 4 women being the star roles in the ghostbuster franchise, it just seems like an incredibly lazy way to get more people to go watch it. The women their choosing for the roles are beyond :):):):)ing awful as well, all of them funny in their own right but its the wrong type of humour entirely. I just cant understand what audience their attempting to reach with this.

Yes 4 women would be marvellous, if it wasnt designed as a sequel to 1 and only involved 4 women due to the untimely death of 1 orginal cast member and the refusal of another. Theyve not even re written the script yet before anouncing this huge change of cast direction, so without sounding sexist so far i am beyond disgusted at the idea of 4 women being the star roles in the ghostbuster franchise, it just seems like an incredibly lazy way to get more people to go watch it. The women their choosing for the roles are beyond :):):):)ing awful as well, all of them funny in their own right but its the wrong type of humour entirely. I just cant understand what audience their attempting to reach with this.

I'm not a fan of the type of humor that Melissa McCarthy does, as for the others, not sure i have seen anything with them in it. The idea for the roles doesn't excite me either :

There’s Erin Gabler, a tenure track academic at Columbia; Abby Bergman, who hunts ghosts for a living and falls on the pop, parapsychology side of things; Jillian, Abby’s hunting partner; and Patty, an MTA employee who first encounters the main ghost.

As for Indy, I'll wait and see....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Drop the naughty words, please. This is a family friendly website.

With that cast, the Ghostbusters movie will be a 200 M$ 2-hour long SNL sketch.

As for Chris Pratt as Indy, he doesn't seem "rugged" enough to play him, IMO.

AR

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases