N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015]

I have just uploaded N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015] to the downloads area. This 73-page playtest book details character creation in N.E.W., including species, careers, exploits, and equipment. Careers have undergone an extensive overhaul, and all the latest changes and updates have been applied, including to derived statistics. The equipment section is a trimmed section designed for starter characters; it doesn't include drugs, cybernetics, vehicles, upgrades, or customizations from previous documents. You can find the file here in the downloads section.

I have just uploaded N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015] to the downloads area. This 73-page playtest book details character creation in N.E.W., including species, careers, exploits, and equipment. Careers have undergone an extensive overhaul, and all the latest changes and updates have been applied, including to derived statistics. The equipment section is a trimmed section designed for starter characters; it doesn't include drugs, cybernetics, vehicles, upgrades, or customizations from previous documents. You can find the file here in the downloads section.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Updated the file with a couple of sample characters; plus I added REP to the worksheet and added in a couple more intelligence officer exploits.

arakodaiko

First Post
I just noticed while looking through this book, the Spartans aren't on the age category table on page 57, a little bit funny when the Androids, who have no actual age categories, are on it :p .

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Darnit! They're in the previous (August) playtest doc. Just take the ranges below adult and above middle-aged. I'll update this one tomorrow!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm very excited for this game. I hope Hero Lab will eventually support it.

They won't do it themselves; I asked a year ago during the Kickstarter. It'll all be open content, though, so any fans (or third party publishers) will be welcome to make or sell data packs.

Halivar

First Post
I have been all over the place looking for a good universal RPG. I've gone through GURPS (too crunchy), Savage Worlds (not crunchy enough), and even Silhouette CORE (oh god, no NOOOO!) and nothing satisfies. Crossing my fingers; so far it looks great. I LOVE the Burning Wheel-esque organic char-gen. Currently working on an HTML char builder. It's a lot of work, but I feel like it's firming up.

Halivar

First Post
Morrus, I can't express how giddy I got seeing that NOW preview. Klingons, Jedi, and Gun Kata = best kitchen sink ever made. EVER. MADE.

Halivar

First Post
Our go-to sci-fi game right now is a hodge-podge of West End's d6 Star Wars, Heavy Gear, with magic, jedi, and gun kata. It's completely over the top, ridiculous fun. It's also extremely ad hoc and cumbersome. OLD+NOW+NEW looks like a perfect fit for our gaming group.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads