Welcome to the Halmae (updated 2/27/07)

orsal

LEW Judge
Happy birthday again, Fajitas. And spyscribe, congratulations on the reason for slowing down - it's worth it. Except the part about the commute.

Len

Prodigal Member
Happy Birthday, Fajitas! and Happy Storyversary, spyscribe! :D

spyscribe said:
In the last six months, I’ve gotten a new job, and it’s a job where I’m not being paid a pittance to answer phones and do filing in between writing 10,000 words of story hour a week.

That plus a commute that averages more than two hours a day, and my writing time—especially writing time for story hour—has dwindled.
What you really need is a job that pays more than a pittance, and leaves you time to write updates, and comes with a chauffeur so you can write while you commute. :)

Yavathol

Explorer
Bits of the puzzle come together!

Hoorah! An update!

And the plot gets more intricate :D

In case anyone hasn't picked up on it, the Fortunate Traveller has been mentioned before, it's the inn where Amos was drugged in the first adventure :eek:

And given the similarity in names, I'm betting that Kemmer is actually Remmer with the scar/Reller with the eyepatch :] Here I was thinking he was just a two-bit scoundrel, he's obviously far more than that! Spyscribe, can I ask what disguise he uses for the Kemmer alias please?

Also, I'm so glad for the pdf files that have been compiled, and the campaign notes that were included in the story hour at the start, they are invaluable for quickly refreshing ones memory on various aspects of the world. However, the section on religious orders does not mention the Advocates, the Arcane, or the Purists...is there any chance please of a brief description of these sects in the same manner as the initial ones? (In the GMs thread if you are worried about spoilers?)

Are the Purists even a sect, or just a secular group? What is the name of Artimus's new order? :confused:

Looks like we still have a bit of story to go through before we find out who the new Chancellor will be!

Pyske

Explorer
Good to see you posting again, Spyscribe. Glad to hear that the new job no longer qualifies as a "pittance"; now if only we could arrange for a ride share for you, so you could write during the commute. ;)

willow

First Post
Does anybody else REALLY want to see what happens when a crazed mob tries to attack the five most powerful mages in the Halmae? 'Cuz I really do. (Of course, that's because I don't live in the Halmae, so it's not my living room that's going to be destroyed in the crossfire.)

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Yavathol said:
And given the similarity in names, I'm betting that Kemmer is actually Remmer with the scar/Reller with the eyepatch :] Here I was thinking he was just a two-bit scoundrel, he's obviously far more than that! Spyscribe, can I ask what disguise he uses for the Kemmer alias please?

An interesting theory, to be sure. Alas, at this point of the story, Eva is the only one who has ever met Kemmer...and she was not present during the Remmer/Reller/Regger adventure. Which makes the theory a bit tricky for anyone in the party to confirm, doesn't it? ;)

And, no matter how much you beg, Spyscribe cannot tell you what disguise he allegedly uses in the alleged Kemmer alias, as Spyscribe wasn't there. I, however, can tell you that Kemmer is fairly nondescript, without any distinguishing markings at all.

However, the section on religious orders does not mention the Advocates, the Arcane, or the Purists...is there any chance please of a brief description of these sects in the same manner as the initial ones? (In the GMs thread if you are worried about spoilers?)

The Purists aren't mentioned in the background material, because it was written as "here is what everyone who lives in the Halmae knows about the world." The Purists didn't come into being (or at least, didn't attract any attention) until very recently; simply put, nobody really knows enough about them to compile such an entry (though I wouldn't describe them as so much secular as pantheonistic). The same goes for the new Arcane group, about which you'll learn more soon.

And as for the Advocates...hey! You're right. They're also not in the background material. Weird. It's almost like no one who lives in the Halmae knows about them either... :]

Yavathol

Explorer
Fajitas said:
The same goes for the new Arcane group, about which you'll learn more soon.

And as for the Advocates...hey! You're right. They're also not in the background material. Weird. It's almost like no one who lives in the Halmae knows about them either... :]

Yeah, I realised it was something like that, but it was worth a shot. So this Arcane is the same group that Artimus has joined? I thought that was the case, but am very black-and-white, I like to get things crystal clear. :p

I noticed there was an omission in the background material for the Advocates (if they are who I think they are), those Children of the Wind sounded too nihilistic and chaotic. Funny thing with ultra-secret groups though, and its the same with Vecna churches...how do they work? I could secretly be a follower of Sedellus, and that way inclined, but so could Joe and Bob next door, and none of us would ever know, as we are too secretive to ever talk :uhoh:

Wouldn't this seriously impact the groups power, since the more well-known you are, the easier it is to gain followers and political power. Unless the Advocates are like a secret order within a more respectable sect, it would never be possible for the High-priest of Sedellus to be an Advocate...hmm. I think I'll shut up now, before Kemmer does something nasty to *my* coin-purse :heh:

Remove ads