D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

flwad

Explorer
Hey, all! First off, ForgedAnvil, I love the work you have done here. Incredibly powerful and versatile tool!

I have a question regarding the named variables in the spreadsheet. I am DM'ing for my kids and some of their friends. The youngest player is like 11, so he has a hard time keeping track of his character. I was inputting his character into the spreadsheet, and realized that Character Sheet 1 prints out in very small text with a lot going on. It really won't help him this way. I would like to use the Design Space tab to generate my own version of a printed character sheet that has the important stuff presented in a way that he can find it easily. I have the downloaded FAQ, but the section on the DesignSpace and the Named Variables is blank.

Is this information available somewhere?

Thanks!

I apologize for the Instructions for Use haven't been updated lately. I have been struggling to get back to it. If any of the regular posters would like to join in, I would welcome the help. The Design Space section will probably never be fully documented as there are too many options to anticipate, but I will endeavor to complete the more defined areas.

SansMoins

Explorer
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

1) Do you have a release cadence? Is there any way we can expect a new beta from you once a month, one every two months, etc.?

He does not. The only thing I can tell you is that lately, it has been released on either a Tuesday or Wednesday. I know this as I have to scramble to upgrade my sheet before my game Wednesday eve.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Forged,
I found another couple of typos. In the PHB on page 98, A 15th level Rogue Arcane Trickster has 2 third level spell slots; on the spellcasting tab of the CS, it is showing 3rd level has 3 spell slots in the Spellcasting box.
Also, in the PHB on page 78, the Fighter Martical Archetype Champion has an "Improve Critical" of "19 or 20". The Character Details on the Start tab has it at "18 or 20".

Love the sheet!!!
Danny

Last edited:

Hydraaa

First Post
Don't know if this has been addressed yet or not. Sometimes when choosing a custom sub class, all individual weapons proficiencis are activated and displayed. Multi classing with some class , like fighter reduces the listing to all.
Start with provided fac soul, add bard, add fighter and watch wrap prof.
A space and a delete of weap prof level gain field work differently.[space turns off, null turns on] It does look like all profs look at this flag and get turned on or off together instead of match what is in the fields.

Also the 3 merged cells under the level gain for weap and arm prof are enterable.

Edit. Bad monitor not showing the color

Last edited:

ShaggyBadlands

First Post
I have been a long time lurker, and this is my first post. ForgedAnvil, Thank you for saving my sanity with your brilliant solution. I do have a bug to report: BETA 10 ver. 2 it seems the "7. Tools" section of the Start worksheet has a failed link to the "Character Details" cell, the Character Sheet IV worksheet "Race, Background, Class & Feats", and the Character Summary "Race, Background, Class & Feats".

Dannyboy7702

First Post
How did you go about it? I didn't see anything specific to this, but it's very possible that I'm being obtuse.

The custom tab has an area that allows you to add a custom subclass. Unfortunately, there isn't an area to add custom Eldritch Invocations.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases