D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I know Forged Anvil is now a thing of the past but I was wonder if it would be possible to publish a blank fill able FA charter sheet (blue bars) with no content. I prefer the layout and the design of this FA sheet over everything else I have seen so far.

I am pretty sure FA still lurks around here, but I surmise that he does not make appearances in this thread because of the C&D order. AFAIK the C&D order can not stop him from working on the generator for his own personal use, but supporting it in any form for others could be seen as violating the C&D order and bring unfortunate legal ramifications.

Conandar

Explorer
It's been quite a while since 2.28 BETA6 RC was released, and I have seen mention of a BETA7 but that has been a while now. Any further news to share?

First... apologies for the lengthy lapse in communication. I was laid off from my job a few weeks back and lacked motivation to work on anything that wasn't directly related to paying my mortgage. I'm back to work now and conveniently found my motivation again.

v2.28 BETA 6 RC
I created a Lightfoot Halfling Warlock (Hexblade) and there were a couple of issues that sprang out at me.
1. Though a Hexblade is profient with Medium Armor, a Shield and Martial Weapons, and though selecting Medium Armor (Chain Shirt and Half Plate were tested) and a Shield work as intended, selecting a Longsword was flagged as Not Profient.
2. A warlock gets 2 cantrips at 1st level, but the first slot dropdown selection is "Select..." and that counts as a selected cantrip.

Fixed in Beta 7
Adjusted cantrip selection box again. This has been a constant source of struggle since I made extensive changes to the backend. I think it is fixed now.

Giant Spider in the Wildshape page gives the wrong attack bonus for it's bite attack. It gives a +1 and should be a +5.
Actually this happens (miscalculates the attack bonus) for all wild shape beasts as far as I can tell. v2.28 BETA 6 RC.

Please elaborate further on this. I don't believe this is incorrect. Please provide a source with your elaboration.
Per Jeremy Crawford tweet on 1/22/15 (its on my phone and I'm typing on pc so no link),
"druid uses the bonus in the beast's stat block for any proficiency the druid lacks."
I interpret this to mean that a druid isn't proficient in a claw attack so they use the beast stat block instead.

is it possible to add the blood hunter in the sheet?

No. This is only for published material. As we recently learned with the Revised Ranger, non-official material is subject to change or be discontinued even if it seems like it should be official.

Bug report, v2.28 BETA 6 RC

Some or all of these may have been fixed already in a new build, and I am certain that some (or all have been reported already), but these are things that I have been noticing.

* Warlock's Invocation Devil's Sight: says 150ft when it should be 120ft
* Hexblade's have proficiency with all martial weapons, but generator shows 'not proficient'.
* A blank character is showing space for 2 cantrips, instead of none, and the first one is "Select…".
* Many creatures attack bonuses are incorrect.
* If not using variant encumbrace, encumbrance is not tracked at all.
* If a weapon's ability mod is less than 0, the weapon does not recognize that. For example, a dagger with a dexterity and strength of 8 (-1) shows 1d4 instead of 1d4-1. Same for attack bonus.
* A number of class feature selections, such as for Battlemaster's maneuver's, show 0 instead of a description of the maneuver.

Devil's Sight, Hexblade, Encumbrace, Battlemaster: Fixed or unable to recreate. Not sure which due to lengthy time since last update.
Wild shape Attack bonuses: See above, I need source siting to fix this.
Negative Modifiers: Fixed damage roll calculations. This gives weird results for the specific situation of an unarmed strike and negative strength but you really shouldn't be doing that!

* when select a fighting style (defense, in this case), Other Armor shows an unrelated Feat instead. The boost to AC (in this case) is applied on CSI.

Fixed or unable to recreate. Not sure.

It's been quite a while since 2.28 BETA6 RC was released, and I have seen mention of a BETA7 but that has been a while now. Any further news to share?

Soon?
Added custom feats. They don't do any of the math but you can give them a name, a full description and a short description, requirements and partial ASI (true/false) and those will be used where necessary.
Fixed the reset issue with Barbarian Storm Aura's messing up a bunch of other stuff.
Added source selection feature.

Just one note so far; For the Kensai feature Way of the Brush should be proficiency in calligrapher's supplies OR painter's supplies, not both

Fixed

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Please elaborate further on this. I don't believe this is incorrect. Please provide a source with your elaboration.
Per Jeremy Crawford tweet on 1/22/15 (its on my phone and I'm typing on pc so no link),
I interpret this to mean that a druid isn't proficient in a claw attack so they use the beast stat block instead.

I see. But I think there is still a calculation error - perhaps subtracting the proficiency bonus instead of not adding it.

For example, if a druid shapechanges into a dire wolf (whose normal bite attack would be at +5), the druid's bite attack should be +3 (modified for STR score only, no proficiency). The sheet calculates it as +1.

I see. But I think there is still a calculation error - perhaps subtracting the proficiency bonus instead of not adding it.

For example, if a druid shapechanges into a dire wolf (whose normal bite attack would be at +5), the druid's bite attack should be +3 (modified for STR score only, no proficiency). The sheet calculates it as +1.

I am away from resources at the moment so I can't look at the CG or the monster manual. If the CG gives the same attack modifier as the MM then it is correct.

Edit: I see that the Stat block is +5. I'll check the CG when I'm back at a PC and dig into a solution.
Sorry... I don't play Druids and none of my players have played one beyond level 3 or so.

Edit 2: Fixed for Beta 7. Switching the example to Giant Badger. Its stat block is +3. A Moon Druid 3 now matches the stat block. A Beastmaster Ranger 3 will have a +5. The differentiation here is where the problem was originating.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases