D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I'm playing a druid for the first time, and on the wild shape tab there are a couple discrepancies I noticed. First off, the giant spider bite attack is wrong. It says 3d6 poison damage, but the MM has it listed as 2d8. Secondly, the PHB states that when in wild shape, you keep your skill and saving throw proficiencies, but saving throws don't have my proficiency bonus.

Thanks for feedback! I'll correct the issue with the Giant Spider, for the saving throw and skill profs I'll need to look into more details. Good that you a reviewing the Wild Shape, it's needs a second pair of eyes to go through the details.

Iraelaemei

Explorer
Expertise

Hey FA, Love the work. I notice that there is an 'Adjust option' for the skills column, would it be possible in a future build to put an option for an expertise override? Say a player has an item that grants Expertise. Or is there a place to do that an I just over looked it?

So to answer my own question, you can actually just select an expertise option from the list where you would normally do so.

Last edited:

Just an idea. A location where you can list your current lifestyle and lifestyle costs. This is really likely most used by Adventurer's League characters, but since that is 90% of my characters it would be a handy reference. Again thanks for all the work on this! I guess along that thought, so you know how soon you will put out 1.65 or version 2.0?

lokisapocalypse

First Post
Love the tool, thank you so much!!

I've noticed one small error.

A level 3 Eldritch Fighter gets three 1st level spells: 2 of which must be evocation and abjuration spells.

The third spell can be from any school. However, the tool only allows me to select evocation and abjuration spells.

Unless this has been errated.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Love the tool, thank you so much!!

I've noticed one small error.

A level 3 Eldritch Fighter gets three 1st level spells: 2 of which must be evocation and abjuration spells.

The third spell can be from any school. However, the tool only allows me to select evocation and abjuration spells.

Unless this has been errated.

See Spellcasting sheet top right under Eldritch Knight Spells, you can select the spell there and it will then appear in your spell drop down list:)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Just an idea. A location where you can list your current lifestyle and lifestyle costs. This is really likely most used by Adventurer's League characters, but since that is 90% of my characters it would be a handy reference. Again thanks for all the work on this! I guess along that thought, so you know how soon you will put out 1.65 or version 2.0?

The lifestyle stuff is planned to be under CSIV (a significant redesign of this sheet is in the works). :)

Taed

First Post
My character has obtained their first magic items, and I added the "Stone of Good Luck" to the sheet via the pull-down list. It did not seem to automatically affect the saving throws and ability checks. Are the effects of all magic items beyond the scope of the Character Generator? Am I correct in assuming that I'll need to set the various Adjustment cells (6 ability, 18 skills) to +1, or is there some simpler way to do something like that?

Mergon

First Post
Too the best of my knowledge, none of the magic items automatically apply their effects. I think I read something about ForgedAnvil maybe wanting to try something like that but it is not on hit 'to do' list for anytime in the near future.

The amount of excel coding it would take, if it can done at all, is daunting. Also, it might take the use of macros which he is trying to avoid for compatibility issues.

tkstargazer

Explorer
I was awarded a 'Blessing of Protection' from a deity for restoring a temple. It's a standard ability of a deity that adds +1 to AC and +1 to saving throws.

Is that sort of thing built in anywhere? If not, is there somewhere I can put it so that those bonuses are reflected in my numbers?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases