D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
  • Under Carrying Capacity on Character Sheet I, the second Encumbered should be Heavily Encumbered.
  • The suggested calculations for character weight are incorrect. (Understandable, because the table on pg. 121 of the PHB is pretty confusing.) The weight and height are both supposed to be affected by the same die roll, making them proportional to each other. For example, to determine the height and weight of a human, you roll 2d10. If we call the result of that roll t, the height of a human is 4'8" + t inches, and the weight of a human is 110 + (t * 2d4) pounds. This results in a range of 4'10" - 6'4" and 114 - 270 pounds. Your sheet simply suggests 110 * 2d4, which would put the normal range of humans at 220 - 880 pounds. It might also be nice to include a generator for this.

Unfortunately there is not enough space to add Heavily. Decided to go with Encumbered (as you are still encumbered) but differentiate by using the text conditions underneath.

I fully understand the height and weight calculation, but you're right it's not clear in the sheet - I'll work on a way to make this clearer in V1.12

I am avoiding the generator for height and weight as the free versions of Excel (iOS, Android, Windows 10) don't allow macros, form controls or active X controls (it's also cool to roll dice). Although currently there is the reset all macro (CTRL+SHIFT+S), this is only for Excel 2010-2013 users (and primarily used by me in development). If you download the latest file it should already be "reset" and ready to rock.

MrDarkflame

First Post
I am avoiding the generator for height and weight as the free versions of Excel (iOS, Android, Windows 10) don't allow macros, form controls or active X controls (it's also cool to roll dice). Although currently there is the reset all macro (CTRL+SHIFT+S), this is only for Excel 2010-2013 users (and primarily used by me in development). If you download the latest file it should already be "reset" and ready to rock.

You could use =RANDBETWEEN(1,6) for 1d6 and set calculation to manual. Then make a note to press F9 when you want to roll dice. No macro/forms needed and using built-in functions that should work for free versions of Excel.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Selecting Dragonborn is yielding #N/A for RACE, BACKGROUND, CLASS & FEATS section. All other races appear to be working correctly.

#N/A appears if Dragon Ancestry has not been selected, once it is selected (other than Select...) then #N/A no longer appears

Fixed this behaviour in V1.12

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
You could use =RANDBETWEEN(1,6) for 1d6 and set calculation to manual. Then make a note to press F9 when you want to roll dice. No macro/forms needed and using built-in functions that should work for free versions of Excel.

This is challenging as once the workbook is set to manual calculation, this effects all other formula throughout the workbook.

I have implemented this:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

brainz80

First Post
First of all great work. I have a small issue though. I play a Tiefling and though I can select 'Thaumaturgy' from the cantrip select-list, I cannot select 'Hellish Rebuke' or 'Darkness'. This is a small problem, but I decided to mention it nevertheless ;)

Also 'Thieve's cant' should probably be automatically added to the 'Character Sheet I / Languages' -box if your character happens to be a rogue.

Last edited:

Remove ads