EN World EN5ider Has Launched!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

Head on over to EN World EN5ider right here! Check out the free articles, and if you like what you see, choose how much you'd like to donate per article and become a Patron. There's some awesome stuff in the pipeline!

binder_ensider.gif

There are four FREE sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron - including an entire adventure! Download The Business of Emotion (an adventure by Paul Okesh), 5 Campaign Lessons from The Hobbit Films by Eric Pierce, Cherished Trinkets by Ryan Chaddock, and Archery Contests by Russ Morrissey. If you like what you see, and want more of this every week, simply become a Patron!

samples.jpg

Blackbrrd

First Post
The instructions for content submission have a pretty strict cap on word count that limits the adventures to being somewhat short. I hope there's enough demand to accommodate longer adventures in time, but I suppose that's up to us as the patrons.
I can see why there is a word limit, but I do hope we can see a bit longer adventures in the future, and that you get enough patrons to pay for it. There is one upside to short adventures like this, and it's prep time.

I think The Business of Emotion makes for a great one-shot, single session, or convention game. It's a bit of fun - we plan to cover light themes, dark themes, action, intrigue, horror - there's plenty of scope!
Sounds ok for a convention game with premade characters. I do like your idea of running very different themes for your adventures. No need for all of them to be standard high fantasy.

halberd10

First Post
I was in the process of pledging, and you beat me to the $100 mark! I thought the adventure looked like a lot of fun, and well written too. I hope this does well, it seems like just the thing I've been hoping for 5th edition to have.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For those who have pledged - are you able to comment on articles? Just making sure those settings are correct!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Ok, I get it now. You should update the site with that explanation. When I get home, I will go in for 2 per adventure, max $5. If the quality becomes great, that will increase. 5 dollars a month to support this site and more publishing works for me. And I know it isn't fort the site per se.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Interesting. So your max payment must be a multiple of your pledge. I used an even number for my pledge/article but an odd number for my maximum and got this error message, "Sorry, please make sure your Max Payment is a multiple of your pledge. For example, if you pledged $2, your Max Payment can be $2, $4, $6, etc".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Interesting. So your max payment must be a multiple of your pledge. I used an even number for my pledge/article but an odd number for my maximum and got this error message, "Sorry, please make sure your Max Payment is a multiple of your pledge. For example, if you pledged $2, your Max Payment can be $2, $4, $6, etc".

I guess that's just error checking. If you pledge $2, then a $5 max basically means a $4 max. You can't make half a payment.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I guess that's just error checking. If you pledge $2, then a $5 max basically means a $4 max. You can't make half a payment.

Right but since you get all articles and adventures if you pledge $2/article, I figured maxing out at $5 or $7 wouldn't hurt anything...it would just charge up to the max of $5 or $7 when it got to 3 or 4 articles. But I can see why it's set the way it is set. Now I need to decide, $4, $6, or $8. No big deal, I picked one for now, will check it out, and maybe adjust after I see what the full thing looks like for a month, and maybe not.

Mercule

Adventurer
Good to know. I was thinking along the lines of "I used to pay $84 (or something) per year for Dragon, which means $7/month. I'll just stick that money, here."

Looking at the free stuff, the layout is incredibly professional. I'd feel bad printing it on standard paper.

The articles and adventures all look really good, too. I've only skimmed them, but they seemed solid. Very much in the range of what I'd be willing to pay for.

One comment on your article, though: while the alternating gender pronouns don't bother me, please try not to switch within the same example. My brain parses that as a separate person. Maybe it was a typo, but it really jumped out as I was skimming.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads