Geek & Sundry Does D&D (and a bunch of other things)

Geek & Sundry (the media company which features Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show, and launched by Felicia Day and others) has announced a new Twitch channel. The channel shows various programs throughout the week, but of special interest is the Thursday 7-9PM show called Critical Role, which stars Matt Mercer and others playing Dungeons & Dragons. You can watch the full announcement and lineup below. Thanks to Al for the scoop!

Geek & Sundry (the media company which features Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show, and launched by Felicia Day and others) has announced a new Twitch channel. The channel shows various programs throughout the week, but of special interest is the Thursday 7-9PM show called Critical Role, which stars Matt Mercer and others playing Dungeons & Dragons. You can watch the full announcement and lineup below. Thanks to Al for the scoop!

[video=youtube;jwxEYd-34WQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxEYd-34WQ[/video]

The full schedule is as follows (and click on the image to jump to the Twitch channel):

Twitch_Flyer_Schedule.jpg

Gecko85

Explorer
They did mention that the episodes will eventually show up on Youtube.

They're already archived on their Twitch channel. It's split into two videos (there was a brief dropout about 45 mins before the end...)

Matt Mercer is one of the best DMs I've ever seen. So, so, good. The second (shorter) video has the combat, and it's epic. His descriptions of the battle are fantastic.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I agree, Mercer was fantastic, I was so inspired watching the way he interacted with his players, specially the way he would translate die rolls into action scenes and his NPC voices were, IMO, as good if not better than DM to the Stars Perkins. Cant wait for the next show.

jace

First Post
Critical Role is excellent. I've never even watched anything on Twitch before, but I'm totally sold. I've never had more fun watching other people play D&D. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Does the desktop site use flash? When i view it on my ipad, i cant play the video, and the twitch app doesnt even display the geek and sundry channel. Guess ill be waiting until it appears on youtube.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I watch it through the app on my iPad, which I believe is not flash. You do have to set your notifications so it lets you know when the show is on (Thursdays 7pm). I believe they archive the show, but so far I have not been able to find the archived episodes on the app.

Remove ads

Remove ads