7 Years of D&D Stories? And a "Big Reveal" Coming?

When asked what he was working on, WotC's Chris Perkins revealed a couple of juicy tidbits. They're not much, but they're certainly tantalizing. Initially, he said that "Our marketing team has a big reveal in the works", and followed that up separately with "Right now I'm working on the next seven years of D&D stories". What all that might mean is anybody's guess, but it sounds like there are plans for D&D stretching into the foreseeable future! Thanks to Barantor for the scoop!

Last edited by a moderator:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip >
Oh this is a fun game! I like this! I'm going to go with...

A pixie from the Feywild loved picking sunflowers to give to and make happy the children of her pixie village. Unfortunately, these sunflowers came from a grove that forbade outsiders from spreading its beauty to the world. The grove's miserly master was a powerful, evil sorcerer. One fateful day that sorcerer caught the pixie and laid her low....polymorphing her into a little fox...never to fly again. Sad pixie :( ANGRY PIXIE! The pixie makes a deal with a powerful archfey and gains the beguiling, otherworldly (well I guess not for the Feywild...) power of a warlock. < snip >

(emphasis added)
To nobody's surprise, there's a webcomic named something like that: "Angry Faerie." (She can give herself an angrygasm.)
Webcomic most recently updated last Sunday -- March 22, 2015.

Remathilis

Legend
Did it work in play like you hoped when you built it? For me, that's the test of a good game - and that means "good game" is player- and table-relative.

She ended up being an NPC who was great for giving exposition dumps and info, while being a non-combatant (except for self-defense). I usually gave her stat block out to one of other Players, and she routinely passed herself off as the wizard's familiar.

She was fun, one of the many good ideas from that game that got drowned out due to system discontent. Might be a good time to bring her back...

Manbearcat, I like your backstory but I think I agree with Imaro about claw vs bite.

Yeah...the claw definitely fits the cat over the fox...my mind was just drawn toward the fox for some reason. Maybe my mind was drifting toward Lady Into Fox. It is more likely due to the fact that I was listening to Sting's The End of the Game earlier. But now [MENTION=205]TwoSix[/MENTION] has forever tainted the image of the noble, little, red quadruped in my mind's eye. Fare thee well my beloved Fox and the Hound :.-(

(emphasis added)
To nobody's surprise, there's a webcomic named something like that: "Angry Faerie." (She can give herself an angrygasm.)
Webcomic most recently updated last Sunday -- March 22, 2015.

Angragasm eh? Sounds crazy but my guess is it can't match the raw, unbridled insanity of TwoSix's video.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases